Today was one of those days for me. Last week was my friend, Mary's Birthday. I was up at the cabin, and I told her that I wanted to take her to lunch for her birthday. I woke up this morning and called her and asked if she were busy. I fixed lunch, Asian chicken wraps, yum, a then I told her that we would make her an all about me book. She was my best buddy when I was a senior in high school. After I hung up the phone it rang, and it was a Friend, Marla, that I was buds with when I was a Junior. She wanted to go to lunch, so she came over to. Neither of these 2 have scrapbooked before. It was a riot. We started at noon and at 4, we were finishing up. We laughed our heads off. They were so proud of themselves and have never done anything like this before. We talked about old time, kids and families. I was beaming inside.
Mary was diagnosed with ovarian cancer last January. She is doing amazing, and look at her cute hair. I LOVE it. I am so proud of her. Last time I saw her she didn't have any. She is such a strength in my life. I am so grateful for lifelong friends. My sisters. These 2 have always been in my life, through good and bad. I can always count on them to be there. And Happy Birthday Mary! It really was one of those priceless days!







5 comments:
I LOVE GIRLFRIENDS!! and you are the cutest friend ever! i love those days of "all smiles"... and nothing makes that happen more than true friends! love ya
So fun! It is always nice to enjoy the company of good friends.
What a beautiful friend they have in you! What a FUN filled day. I need to live closer to you, so I can learn a lot about the talents you share.
I can't wait to finish my all about me book too.
Your lunch sounds amazing! Want to share the secret? : D
Judy,
You are so adorable, amazing and generous.
Luv U 4 ever,
Sandy
Look at you cute girls! :) I'm glad you posted pics of that cute book, now I can get some ideas too!! :)
Post a Comment