It is scary to think about where society is heading. So much tension in the air. It feels like there is 2 minutes left in a ballgame and the score is tied. Financial disaster every where. The Elections. Who to vote for. (The new Question)
All of these things have my head swimming, but something is really bothering me. I love Dancing with the stars. One of the professionals has been on it from the start, maybe even the first season. Her name is Cheryl. I have always liked her. She is a beautiful dancer, and she seems to have a warm and caring personality. This year she has been under attack. Political views? No. religion? No. Her life views? No.
It is her weight.
I don't know if you watch the show, but she is beautiful. Some people have attacked her because they feel like she has gained weight. Yes, gained weight!
The rumor is that she has had threats. Horrible things said to here, because they think she has gained weight. I would LOVE to look like her.
Where is all of this coming from. I felt so bad for her. What will she do? Stick her finger down her throat? Stop eating all together go satisfy some idiot?
I hope not. I have seen her several times being interviewed and I am impressed at the way she has handled it. She doesn't think she is fat. She said she is comfortable in her skin.
It took me back to YEARS ago when a friend told me I was fat. I was so devastated that I quite eating and before I knew it I was 98 pounds. I have a stick figure picture to prove it.
I had never really had problems with weight and then 17 years ago I went on prozac, for anxiety, and broke out in hives. Blame it on food or meds, I have gained weight.
Does it change my personality? No. Does it change my heart? No. Does it change who my friends are? No. Does it change my life. No. Maybe I won't wear a bikini, but I will take soup into a friend that is sick. Maybe I won't go dancing and strut my stuff, but I will have dinner with my family and friends and laugh my head off.
I want to be healthy, and I am trying to make better choices, but it is sad that we belong in a society that is so STUCK on skinny.
"Cheers" to Cheryl! Thanks for sticking up for yourself and all of us women. You are awesome. My hero. I love to watch you dance and share your talent with the world.
As for me, I have 30 days to get in a size 4 for the wedding. NOT GONNA HAPPEN. I hate the thoughts of buying a big red tent, but I will put on whatever I find for the wedding and greet my friends and family with all the love I have in this "BIG FAT HEART!"
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Uplifting Quotes
"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley
"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo
"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo
. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker
GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye
LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams
The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams
..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye
"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis
"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman
"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo
"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard
"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer
"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo
"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo
. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker
GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye
LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams
The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams
..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye
"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis
"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman
"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo
"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard
"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer
Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun







6 comments:
thanks for the info on the digital scrapbooking.. i have wanted to get into it.. i just need to do it!
my email is
katiehuls@gmail.com
love ya
AMEN SISTER!!!!!!
I bawled when I read this. You said it SO WELL! I too had a friend (s) who told me the same thing when I was in high school. I stopped eating. I look back now to the pictures of the time they were telling me I was fat and I think "WHAT??!!" Why did they think that? And worse yet......"Why EVER DID I BELIEVE them?"
IT is SO sad how this world is stuck on Skinny just like you said. IT's view of weight is SO distorted! Take a look at how FULL the hospitals and clinics are of young girls who have that distorted view. It is SO sad. We are truly daughters of a KING....Heavenly King. We can't forget that.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts again on this....AMEN!
I think your "friend" was just jealous of you. Seriously! You are beautiful, just look at your girls because they look like their mom.
Perfectly said. You are so beautiful and you do have a big heart that is irresistable!
You are so beautiful and there is no one I know with a bigger heart. You are the most caring loving person I know. I think you are awesome. Love you Jude
YOU HAVE CLASS!!!!!! What's that quote that says what lies out side of us is small compared to what lies within us? I think you are beautiful on the outside but what I really love is what's inside of you - I love your guts! You make everybody feel like they are worth the skin they're in. What's so interesting is when we open our hearts and our arms and focus outward no one even cares that we might be overweight. Do you? I sure don't. I love the way you think, the way you do things, the way you love your family, the way your look at life and the way you live your life. I know and love your parents so how could I not love you.
Luv U 4 Ever,
Sandy
Post a Comment