
I love Conference Weekend. TONS! And this has been a perfect one because the weather turned of cool and rainy. Baking, comfort foods, a warm blankets! Every speaker would end and I would think, "that is my favorite." Until the next speaker. I loved them all. Here are a few of my favorites and why:
L. Tom Perry- I loved the part about making 2 dresses out of enough fabric for one! He is so cute. The world's fashions are pretty scary. I often think that I am glad my kids are grown, but I fear what it will be like for my grandkids. I am so grateful to have the values of the Chruch.
Sister Sylvia Allred- Love her voice and sweet spirit. I loved it when her grandson asked her to speak at his baptism because he told her if it weren't for her he wouldn't be getting baptized.
Marcos Aidukaitia- I loved the tribute to his dad. It made me think of my dad and what he has done for me in my life. His dad joined the church because he read the Book of Mormon. He talked about those who have not read it and why. I thought back of the Hinckley Challenge and that glorious day this year that I finished it all the way through for the first time, without stopping! He said that if we don't read the B of M it is like not reading a letter our Dad sent us!
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf- The part about when they were fleeing to Germany when he was 3 and his mom went to get food and came back and the train was gone was heart wrenching to me. I can't imagine how she must have felt. With such rocky times anyway, and for her to think she may not see them again. But she had hope.
Hope is the 3rd leg on a 3 legged stool. The other legs are hope and charity.
Joseph B. Wirthlin- I loved his uplifting and close to the heart talk. I love to laugh and know it is good for our souls. I laugh alot! I loved the part about the blind date when the older man came to pick up his daughter and she came back in from the car and said that he was a man picking up her sister to babysit. I can see him laughing! He is so down to earth. So lovable. His mom told him, "COME WHAT MAY AND LOVE IT!"
Jerrery R. Holland- He was pretty close to my fav. I cried when he talked about angels and told the story about the boy that crossed the river and saw the angel in white come rescue him and he thought' "would an angel come to me if I have been disobedient?" It was his father in his long johns. I was very touched with his talk. Stacy told me she though of me through that talk and I thought of my sweet parents. So grateful for angels in my life.
Has been such a beautiful day. Ryan and Sydni are here so we watched it together. Went for pizza for lunch and cooked ham and baked potatoes for dinner. Yum.
AND "5" NEW TEMPLES!







8 comments:
My favorite???!!!!
When the prophet announced the first new temple to be built.....CALGARY!!!!!
You should of heard the SCREAMS in this house! Good thing we weren't at the chapel watching the conference. No reverence there. LOL!
We couldn't hardly concentrate after that. KIDDING!
I loved every part that you mentioned too. What an AWESOME conference! Can't wait for tomorrow!
I am so glad you wrote a little about each blog because I had to work and didn't get to hear any of this!! I can't wait for my Ensign now. You are the best.
I am just like you Judy, I had lots of favorites. I wish I would have taken notes. They all had such wonderful things to say to us. I am glad you are having such a fun time at the cabin. Love you!
Oh yes and you need to tell Lynn that she needs to make her blog unprivate, she sounds like an amazing person who has some wonderful things to teach others. What a great friend you have.
Great recap! It really was a GREAT day! I LOVE conference, it makes me sad when it's over. Sounds like the perfect way to spend the evening together, with good food and uplifting talks right?!
I so love general conference also...In California we never got the Saturday sessions. I didn't know they even existed until I went to Ricks. Great re-cap of the speakers..love them all...and let's be honest...Pres. Uchdorf is quite easy on the eyes...
Ditto that Judy! Elder Holland always makes me cry. I can't wait to receive the Ensign. Great post!
I have another saying for you...this is on a sign in my basement..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..."
Post a Comment