CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

What is in your net?

Have you ever had one of those weeks? Have you ever had experiences that affect you to your core? One that makes you think deeper than you have in a long, long time? My Friend, Mary called me Saturday. She asked if I could take her to her doctors appointment and stay with her during her chemo. She has been a very dear friend of mine for 30 years! Wow, I hadn't actually counted. She is amazing. As I sat with her as she visited with her doctor, I was so amazed at her faith. I watched her that day, with my heart full, knowing that she has a trust in Our Savior that I haven't felt for a while. When I got home I hit my knees. She is beautiful, with her little hats and big brown eyes. She has an amazing spirit. I prayed for something to help me. I want to be like her. Today the Lord answered my prayers. I was cleaning my bedroom (an answer to Jerry's prayers), and I came across a book that we received as a Christmas gift.


It is called " 21 Days closer to Christ"


I decided that this is just what I need. I would like to share some thoughts as I read this book:


Day One: Come and See


Thou shalt see greater things than these- John 1:50


She talks about a storm that raged through her neighborhood and her and her son went out to see the damage after it was over. He was afraid. They saw the most beautiful double rainbow they had ever seen, so they went and gathered up the family. "Come and see! Come and See! That wasn't enough for Josh, her son. He went and knocked on all the neighbors doors. "Come and see"! They all stood out together to wittiness such a wondrous sight.


Just over 2 thousand years ago, a similar invitation was given to 2 men who were fishing. "Come and see". (John 1:38,39 & Matthew 4:18,19)


We also have such an invitation to "Come and See; follow me; come unto me. We can set aside our nets to come and see.


But, will we leave leave our nets behind, the ones that are filled with all the worldly stuff to follow Christ?


My desire today is for all of us....to have more straighforward personal experience with the Savior's example. Jeffrey R. Holland


The two fishermen left their nets and walked away from everything that would hold them back from coming to know Jesus Christ. They listened. They followed. We can hear his invitations in the temple, while attending church meetings and during moments of prayer.


Soooo, what is in my net? The golden question. Lots of stuff that makes my life so hectic that I don't have much time left. I think the big question will not be how much "stuff" do you have or what have you accomplished for yourself, but "Who did you serve".

I want to empty my net, to feel less stress, to be able to have the kind of faith Mary had in that doctors office, when she looked at him and said that she had a blessing and that she will be cured.

What a beautiful day for me. "Out of the Ordinary" "One that I will never forget" "One that will only strengthen my testimony" and "One that will strengthen my friendship with this beautiful friend of mine"

4 comments:

Holly

So neat Judy. Thanks, I needed that extra uplift today! :) I may have to go get that book.

Lynn

Mine eyes are wet.

What a beautiful friend she has in you! To be there for her. To be there on your knees on her behalf. To pray to be like her. To be so in tune that you instantly recognize the answer.
I pray to be more like you.

Your music on your blog is so appropriate and moving! I am still bawling. I thank you for sharing such a beautiful and wonderful insightful day that you had.

Love ya'!

Unknown

I got this book for Christmas too and I love it. I've learned so much from it. I love experiences like those that make us feel even closer to the Lord.
Thank you for your thoughts!

David & Mary Taylor

Judy, THANKS! I love you. You make me cry! You are such an example to me. Thanks for being there for me. You will never know how much your friendship means to me. You lift me up! I hope you know how wonderful you are! You truly exemplify Christ.
I am going to go get the book. Thanks, I needed the inspiration and insight.
Love ya tons! Mary

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge