The Land that Grandpa Lott owned was all of this on the right side of the river. Their home was up in the point. It is beautiful. I have beautiful memories of this place.


The Ranch

Flat Iron
When I was a little girl, my Grandpa had a ranch in Swan Valley. We would go and and stay with him. It was right on the Snake River. He loved it up there. We would climb Flat Iron Mountain and come home with wood ticks. I always found them in my hair. It was beautiful up there. It was like heaven on earth. My aunts and uncles still have summer homes up there, and my Aunt Bonnie (Dad's oldest sister) and her daughter, Sandy were up last week. My parents and I went up. They fixed Cafe Rio Sweet Pork (yum) for lunch, and then we just visited. We laughed so hard and talked about family history. I have a wonderful heritage. My Grandma and Grandpa Lott (way back) worked for Joseph Smith on his farm. Grandma hid him in a straw bed when the mobs were after him. I am so proud to have a testimony and honor their beliefs and sacrafices.
I feel that this is one thing I can do to honor my ancestors. Some day, when I see them again, I will be able to thank them for all they did for me and that all the heartaches and struggles they went through is so appreciated.
I love my aunts and uncles. I learn so much from them.
Me and my parents

Me and Sandy, my cousin

Aunt Bonnie and Sandy

Uncle Todd, Aunt Carolyn, Aunt Bonnie, Mom and Dad
Uplifting Quotes
"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley
"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo
"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo
. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker
GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye
LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams
The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams
..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye
"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis
"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman
"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo
"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard
"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer
0 comments:
Post a Comment