Day Three: A Common Thread
For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ
- 2 Nephi 25:23
I have been raised with the knowledge of keeping a journal. It was always something I promised that no matter what I would do. I did good until I had kids. I have tried to keep scrapbooks and do some journaling there.
Day 3 talks about keeping journals and how we can connect with our ancestors through their journals. Maybe, someday my posterity will read my stuff and find a common thread.
The thing I loved about this, today, was a question. "Do you have a written copy of your testimony of Christ?"
I ordered a book from my buddy, Lisa Bearnson, from QVC. It is all about journaling.
Guess what? Today I actually got it out and started it. I wrote about my beliefs and a little testimony of Christ

It is amazing to me that I can make such mistakes and still have the love of Christ in my life. I love the Atonement, and I am so grateful to a Savior that paid the price for me.
Last night we watched the movie "The Bucket List"

It was a good movie ( a few words I didn't like) and it was really sad.
Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson are in it. They are both to die in 6 months to a year so they set out to do all the things they always wanted to do. Morgan asks Jack 2 questions:
1. Have you had joy in your life?
2 Have you brought joy to any one's life.
It is a very touching story about how, before he dies he tries to make thing right that were not right in his life. I cried. Have I brought joy to any one's life? The golden question. I do know that I have Great Joy in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Uplifting Quotes
"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley
"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo
"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo
. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker
GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye
LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams
The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams
..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye
"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis
"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman
"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo
"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard
"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer
3 comments:
Oh LET me be the ONE to raise my hand first!!!!
You Totally have brought JOY in my life! Just saying the words THanks seems so lame. But I truly mean it.
Thank you for your prayers and concern for my brother. Tell Stacey thanks for me too. My parents are in the skies as we speak and hopefully will be there soon. To say goodbye to their son, my brother? To help and give peace to my sister in law? To comfort their grandchildren? Who knows. Only time will tell. And it will all be in the Lord's hands.
Thank you for inspiring me to WRITE DOWN my testimony for my posterity. I had not even thought about that. I share it with my kids all the time.....but I need to write it down for those whom have not been born yet.
Love ya'
You always have the best things to say to me at the right time! You are wonderful and your testimony strengthens mine. I am so lucky to have you in my life. Thank you Judy. Love ya and I hope everyone is feeling better now.
You have brought JOY in my life! Thanks for all you do for me. You make me laugh and I need that. You are awesome!
Dave and I saw the show. It hit close to home. It made me feel grateful to know that I have everything I want right here in front of me. My family and friends. That is all I need!
Post a Comment