CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Pearls In The Field

Day Five: Who Is This Jesus?


I love the story about the Samaritan woman that was asked by Jesus for some water from the well. She was surprised because she had been taught that Jews were better than Samaritains.

She thought that he didn't know who she was. He considered this moment with her important because of her great worth. Before he began to teach her, he made her feel valuable. She wanted to know, Who is this Jesus? As her supreme teacher, He built upon her knowledge, line upon line, until He was able to testify that He was the promised Messiah.


She learned while preforming a daily task, that she could find a "pearl in the field". That she can learn lessons from Jesus in everyday life.


In my life I have often felt inadequate. I have often let Satan let me believe that I am not good enough, that Jesus would not take the time for me, perhaps a little like this Samaritian woman felt.
"In a very real sense, all can walk where Jesus walked when, with words on our lips, his spirit in our hearts, and his teachings in our lives, we journey through mortality. Thomas S. Monson

Today, as I have done my daily tasks, I have tried to think of Jesus. He is such a blessing in my life, and I CAN'T let Satan discourage me. Finding a pearl in the field is like finding a blessing even in the hardest of circumstances. As I folded laundry, I thought of the blessings of the temple. As I helped my son look for a lost item, I thought of all the time I have been guided. As I fixed dinner, I thought of all the times I have been spiritually fed.

I have a testimony that My Savior loves me. I haven't always felt this way, and as time goes by, I am grateful that I have found pearls in the field!

2 comments:

Lynn

Thanks for sharing the pearls that you have found. I consider you a pearl that I found in my "field" one day. I am grateful for Him, who hath guided me to that pearl.

I LOVE this post. I am so motivated to look at things differently in all that I do. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to each chapter you share.

Natalie♥

O Judy you always have the right things to say to me when I need them. I have so many pearls in my life and I agree with Lynn you are one of my pearls. I just love you so much and I look forward to your posts everyday. Love ya :)

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge