CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Off To Texas

I took Stacy to the airport today so she can go to Texas to go thought the temple with the Avilia Family. They were baptised 1 year ago.


It was hard to let her go by her go by herself! She is going to be gone 6 days. I feel like I just got her home....and never want her to leave. It has been so fun having her home. She wanted to take "Idaho Potatoes" with her to give to her friends, so Walkers got us a big box of beautiful potatoes! Thanks Walker Farms! We love you!


Soooooo Sad!



The hardest moment EVER for a mom is to let go of her kids! I couldn't be more proud of Stacy and her accomplishments!

Yesterday Nicole and I went to visit Holly. We are terrible, but have had Braxton's baby gift since he was born. He is so cute and I can't believe how big Brooklyn is getting. Holly is so cute and it was so fun to visit with her. She has such a cute little family! Nicole and Holly were best buddies in high-school.


Day Seven: A Promise without Parallel

Insamuch as ye are humble and faithful and call upon my name, behold, I will give you the victory

D & C 104:82

I would never want anyone to think that I am preachy!!!! That is the last thing I am. I have a hard time reading and comprehending things and this has been good for me to read and then write on my blog my feelings...so maybe I can remember them and also it is a good journal for me.

Prayer...... Moroni 7:26

....Whatsoever thing ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is good, in faith believing that ye shall receive, behold, it shall be done onto you.

Dissected:

#1 Ask. In the dictionary it says: The object of prayer is....to secure for ourselves and for the blessings that God is already willing to grant, but that are made conditional on our asking for them.

#2 Ask "in my name.... Christ is the advocate; He pleads our case to the Father, giving us a greater chance for victory.

#3 Determine which is good..... Do the research on what to pray for and then take it to him and he will help us make our decision.

#4 Ask in faith.....believing that we shall receive. It is easier to have faith when we know the Savior.

#5 It shall be done unto you!!!!!! Some blessings come soon, some come late...but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come. Jeffrey R. Holland

We have a beautiful green belt walking path that goes around the river. It is a long walk all the way around. Sometimes I don't think I can make it. If I try to push it I get tired to soon. But I know if I pace myself, I can eventually make it all the way around. I usually walk with someone, who lovingly encourages me and gives me strength. I have to try to recognize the steady rhythm of The Savior and know that if I keep a pace that I can handle with hard work and prayer I can make it "All the way around"

3 comments:

Lynn

So THAT's how you know Holly. Cool! Now I also see why she calls you mom.
BTW---those are the saddest faces ever on you and Stacy. But somehow SO cute. You guys have so much fun. I think it's awesome that that family will be able to have "their sister missionary" in attendance at their temple sealing. Stacy is a wonderful girl.

I must say that Day Seven's thoughts and points are very interesting to me. They also conjure up some thoughts that I use to have all the time while growing up. I use to think, "Why do I even have to ask? He loves me and he loves all his children. So why can't he just give blessings to us without us having to ask all the time?" I was always curious about that.

Boy have I learned a lot since then! I think it is because as a parent I too have learned to not give EVERYTHING to my children. Even if it is a need. I think they appreciate and are stronger for even "earning" and doing the hard work for the needs. It shows their gratitude for such blessings. IE. Asking to drive the car to a church meeting or even to Seminary. They don't just EXPECT for things to always be there for them. They appreciate it and seem more grateful when they ask and the answer of course is always yes, for a need.

I am not sure if I even am making sense here or not.

Anyway...I do like the quote "The object of prayer is....to secure for ourselves and for the blessings that God is already willing to grant, but that are made conditional on our asking for them."

Thanks for sharing!

Holly

You guys are the best! I thought I had already left a comment here but I was wrong! I had SO much fun visiting with you and Cole! It makes me wonder why we don't do it more!?! Oh, and I need your new address and also you and Cole's e-mail addresses, will you e-mail them to me Mom? My e-mail address is sunshineinmysoul_33(at)yahoo(dot)com Thanks!! LOVE you guys! Hope Stace has fun on her trip! She can visit just as long as she doesn't move back right?! :)

David & Mary Taylor

That's so exciting that Stacy went to go to the Temple with them. Hope that she had a great time! Love ya!

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge