CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Thursday, March 26, 2009

:) WADAYA KNOW........OR THINK THURSDAY

A Commandment: Honor Your Father and Your Mother. What a wonderful commandment. I am glad that as a youth I was taught the Commandments. At this time in my life, I am grateful that I have honored my parents and Jerry's parents.
What is it to Honor? Hugh W. Pinnock says:

Honor is a simple word; it means to give special respect and to pay tribute. It means to respond to teachings that have been patiently and thoughtfully given.

Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.” (Ex. 20:12.)

The commandment to honor our parents echoes the sacred spirit of family relationships in which—at their best—we have sublime expressions of heavenly love and care for one another. We sense the importance of these relationships when we realize that our greatest expressions of joy or pain in mortality come from the members of our families.

The commandment to honor our parents has strands that run through the entire fabric of the gospel. It is inherent in our relationship to God our Father. It embraces the divine destiny of the children of God. This commandment relates to the government of the family, which is patterned after the government of heaven.

I have no regrets. I have loved our parents and tried to make strong relationships. It is hard to be in a family and it takes work. Sometimes family members disagree of feel mistreated.
I feel that is is my responsibility to love, honor and forgive our parents and family members.
The last few days I have dealt with our families, and I want you to know that I am thankful for them. Yesterday we spent the day with Jerry"s family making funeral arrangements and my parents brought us dinner last night. Today Kent and Ingrid brought dinner. I am so touched with the love they have for me. I am grateful that my parents taught me to love and forgive. I can either be mad or forgive with each situation, and I am grateful that they taught me to be happy and forgive, to forgive and forget. They taught me that no one is perfect...not even me! Shocker!

WADAYA THINK?

Do you hold grudges?
Are you always mad?
Do you easily forgive?
Do you keep track?
Do you take responsibility for your actions or blame others?
Do people have to walk on egg shell when you are around?

We never know when someone we love will pass on. Each day we must live with no regrets. By loving others, swallowing our pride, and forgiving, we can be free and live with no regrets. I KNOW that when Bill passed on he looked down on me and KNOWS that I have loved him from the moment I became part of this family I am so grateful. It is hard to let him go and know that my "Father in Law" is gone, but he knows how I feel and he loves me to!

Oh and do you believe that I actually have some good news?
The Doc called and the cancer is contained. It was larger than they thought, and a higher stage (2C) but he feels good about it. They will do a bllod test in a few months, and if that comes back good, then no radiation!!! Whooo Hoooo!!!

WADAYA think about that?

12 comments:

Chelsi

Thanks for sharing... Honor truly means more to me now. GREAT news!! That is very exciting. Keep us updated.

Steph

So glad to hear the great news about the surgery. What a blessing.

Natalie♥

What a wonderful and very appropriate post. Those are all the words that I have been thinking about, just have never said, especially right now at this very hard time. I am glad I have no regrets, I am glad I have family that loves me and that I love in return. I know we would do anything for each other if we needed it. I am so glad to hear some good news, that is a blessing for sure.

Bobbi

That is Wonderful news! Good to hear that. I read those questions and now I want to be a better, kinder person. Thanks--

Janell

That's fantastic! We love you guys.

Christal

Love your thoughts today so true so many live with grudges and unforgiving hearts and all it does is cause misery. I love your words today makes me think that life is short and what we do here is so important.
So glad you have family and friends to help out right now what a blessings and so glad to hear the good news lets hope it stays that way!! ttys

Amber

That's great news Judy! I enjoyed reading your post. By the way you commented on my Thankful Thursday and called me Alli. ha ha I just wanted to make sure that you knew it was my blog post that you read haha. Love you Judy!

Lynn

WOW! Great post!

I truly believe that honoring our parents AND all family relations is what makes us happy in this life.

There was a time when my brother and I did not talk to each other for two years. How sad it was! He did not talk due to anger towards me. I did not talk due to not knowing what to say or do.

I am SO grateful that I finally was able to make the first move towards him and now we are VERY CLOSE! It almost seems weird that we didn't talk for that long. The adversary certainly does what he can to tear families apart. We always have to be aware of that and don't let him in our hearts.

Dean and I have been SO blessed to have the parents that we do. They never cling or try to get into their children's way of growth or try to force them down a path that THEY think their kids should. It's always a loving and caring relationship.
We always joke that we got short cheated from all those MIL and FIL jokes that are out there, because we can't even use ONE! : D That's how great we think of our parents. I wish that ALL children could say that of their in-laws. How sad that we have so many of those jokes in the world.

Anyway....thanks for this post. What a great thought for today and every day!

I am so glad you've had some GOOD news too.

Morrows

Judy, I am so glad to hear the great news about the surgery. This post is great. Death is such a hard thing. I don't know how people deal with death that don't have the gospel. We are truly blessed to have it in our lives. I hope you and your family know we are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.
My dads passing was/is the hardest thing I have gone through in my life. Having the Gospel has helped me deal with it. I LOVE the Gospel and I don't know where I would be with out it!
We love you. Keep your chin up in these hard times.

Amber

Judy I get called Alli all the time. I know you know me! I just wanted to double check you knew it was me. I go by Alli anyway sometimes ha ha.Anyway, I meant every word. I truly love your wonderful family!!

Unknown

I'm so glad to hear the good news about Jerry but also so sad to hear about his dad. We're praying for you! You're family has been through a heck of a year and it's still only March! Hopefully this next part of the year bring some sunshine! Love you guys!

Kazmin Nye

I think you two need another trip to Maui...Poor J.P. in the pics with his hospital gown...I think he should have stood up and turned around. Loved the comments about Xanax and Ambien...We are home from Bountiful...I probably watched 60 dance performances..they all began to look alike. Londyn's group did well...If you need anything...

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge