CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Saturday, March 28, 2009

My People

Last night we were watching Greys Anatomy" and there was a little old lady that was dying. Her nephews and niece came to see her, but they were in a hurry......they had flown in to be with her many times and each time she had rebounded. They had planes to catch and meetings...ect.
The doctors were not happy with them and told her that they were not going to let them in to see her. She said "let them in they are MY PEOPLE, the only people I have."

Today I was surrounded by my people. I couldn't believe how many people came to support our family. I was so touched by the love and concern of so many. The chapel was full.....of our people. Let me tell you about our people. Nancy played the piano. She took half of her Saturday to play for us and accompany the Grandkids when they sang. Laurie made the meat and potatoes and served us. Her husband Richard and her daughter Lisa were there to help. My mom helped in kitchen, Joyce and Craig also helped in the kitchen, many lifelong friends and members of our ward came to the funeral and cemetery. Steve Bearnson drove from Highland Utah (Lisa's Husband) Friends sent cards, emails, food, phone calls and condolences to our family, Walkers watched Jaxon, and so many prayed for Jerry to have the strength to conduct and speak at the funeral.
All the kids spoke. It was one of the best funerals I've been to. It was fun to hear about his life, and celebrate what he has done for us. I am grateful for this day. To be able to say Goodbye.
To rejoice in his life.

The grandkids sang "Grandpa" (the song on my playlist)! It was so sweet. Some cried, but they did a great job. Grandpa was so PROUD!
My cute girls!

Some of the beautiful flowers!

So......thanks to all of our people! I can't imagine going through this without you!!!!

10 comments:

Unknown

It looks like the funeral was a neat experience. I saw that episode of "Grey's" and I had similar thoughts about "my people" and the support our friends and loved ones give us...especially when we need it the most. I'm glad so many of your people were there for you today. I just love your family!

Lynn

I just got the warm fuzzies reading your post. I was thinking about ya' all day and knew that everything would go well.

"your people" are awesome!

Lynn

P.S. May I ask where the funeral took place?? That chapel is beautiful!!!

Julia

That was beautiful Judy...I don't know what it is, whether it's being sick for the past two weeks, or what, but everytime I've read your posts or emails, I've bawled. I'm so happy that everything sounds like it's great news when it comes to Jerry. I'm so sad about your father in law. But happy about how you've all been so close. How much you love each other, value the time you've had, taking comfort that they know you've loved them...
It's truly a beautiful thing, God's plan for us...
My prayers are with you...

sandy

It sounds like your day was beautiful. I loved the little lady on Greys Anat. also. Everyone was so disqusted but she loved them and it didn't matter. I loved the whole thought of it too. I have a little gift for you. I will be out of town for a few days and then I will try to get it to you. I hope everything is on the Mend for you and your family. Add the Merrill Family to YOUR people.

Chelsi

I cried during that episode of Grey's... it really made me think. I'm glad that the funeral went well and that you had a lot of support.

Missy

It sounds like the funeral was nice. Wow I can't believe Jerry conducted and spoke at the funeral, he's a strong man. I hope he's getting better. Hope you guys are doing okay! :)

Holly

Judy, I am so glad that the funeral was amazing. How could it not be, honoring such a great man! :) Here's to you and your family! We love you and are hoping and praying your big trials are at an end. Love ya!

Natalie♥

It was a very very beautiful funeral wasn't it? Everyone did so good on their talks. I felt the spirit there so strong. And how we got through singing that song with lumps in our throats was amazing. That was the perfect song for Grandpa because thats what he always did was tell us about the good old days. I will always remember that song and the meaning it has. I love your pictures, I would like copies of your pictures from the funeral, and do you know how we can get a DVD, the one they played at the viewing, that was so neat I loved it! It just doesn't seem real to me yet, I keep thinking Grandpa is on a vacation and he will be coming home someday, I just hate it. I hope there are better days for us to come. Love ya Judy :)

Amber

I loved that part on Greys. I thought kind of the same thing. I need "My People" to be there. It is what keeps me going. The funeral sounded like it was really neat. I thought of your family at the our concert last night. It was all about tender mercies. The choir put in stories and we had narrarator read them in between songs. It was so touching and I thought of you guys as they were read. What a wonderful thing to have the gospel in our lives and truly know that the Lord will in some way make us stronger. The tender mercies of the the Lord are an absolute blessing. I felt like the concert was a reminder to everyone of the Love that Heavenly Father has for all of us. He will always be there holding our hand and leading the way. I love you Judy! God bless your wonderful family

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge