CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Thursday, March 19, 2009

:) WADAYA KNOW........OR THINK THURSDAY

It is Thursday again, and Oh Boy WADDA week. It has been a very humbling experience here. As I have waked the halls, I know that most of the patients here have cancer. Every one on their cell phones is explaining the surgery and recovery to a loved one. Every hall way, every clinic is filled with people who are going through this horrible trial. I look at each one and wonder if they are ok. Did they get it all? Where was it? What is emotionally going on inside their heads and the heads of their loved ones. I want to take each one and hug them and try to take their pain and fear away. I want to take it all away.



We had a very bad day yesterday. The pain pills didn't work, and lots of nausea. It wasn't till late afternoon that they finally changed pain meds and gave something for the nausea. He was then able to get some sleep. He had a pretty good night. Today, not so good. He tried to walk and got light headed and sick. They are going to keep him until tomorrow. I think that is a good thing. One more night will be good for him.



As for WADAYA think........I don't even know that to think. I think yesterday was one of the hardest days of my life. By last night I didn't have to think, I knew I was exhausted. The little thingy they call a bed didn't help. It is so hard to watch a loved one suffer. We felt the power of the fast and prayers. What a blessing that was on such a hard day.



Do you really think we picked our trials? If so I am glad I picked this one because there are so many worse ones! Today I feel like I was hit by a Mac truck and JP feels like he was hit by a Boeing 747!!!!

6 comments:

Hepworth Family

Well then between the two of you, you sound like a "Train Wreck"! I'm happy to hear that things are starting to get a little bit better. I hope that you both can get some rest tonight.
Take Care!
~Britt~

Kim Rose

Hang in there. He will recover much better once he is home. You are amazing. I don't know if we pick our trials but we certainly are given the strength to ge through them. Can't wait to give you a big hug!

Unknown

Glad to see all the family could be there! I'm glad the surgery went well and hope like the doctor says it was contained. I love ya and wish I was there to hug you all!

Sandy Layne

I think the first two days following surgery are heart wrenching watching someone you love so much suffer. I spent a summer at Primary Childrens with a friend of mine and her baby who had cancer and I know what you are talking about. The drama of people's lives are being played out in the halls of the hospitals. We got so we could recognize parents who just got the devestating news or if their kids weren't doing well. It's such a paradox on one hand its sooooo sad and on the other there is so much hope. We never know what someone is going through until we've been there ourselves. After spending a summer there that following Christmas our little Jonah was diagnosed with a arachnoid cyst and had to have brain surgery. Surgery didn't work so he had three consecutive surgeries after that. He's doing good now but it left his head a little deformed. Lucky for him he doesn't have any brain damage. What an ordeal. That experience changed our family's lives forever. We've never been the same. We've experienced how fragile life is. We know the power of fasting and prayer and going to the Temple for answers. I know there are those from the other side under the direction of our Savior who are comforting us and watching over us. I know they are our family who have gone before us. Some of our greatest spiritual experiences came through these trials. I do believe before we left the spirit world we knew what our trials would be and we chose into them. Our trials are custom tailored to us for our growth. We're never given a trial we can't get through with the help of our Savior. Your family is so amazing. Those little couches at the hospital are the pits - you won't get much sleep on them. But try! Sending you a big hug. Love you

Lynn

"If so I am glad I picked this one because there are so many worse ones! " WOW!

You know something? I have always heard that statement in one form or another, but for some reason....it hit me like the other MAC truck on the road tonight. : D

You are SO right!

Julia

I'm so sorry you are so uncomfortable! And your husband too! He will get better sooooo much faster at home. I don't know what it is but they sure like their home environment. I promise...
Take care!!

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge