CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Grandpa!

I slept in this morning. I was a little shocked. Woke up and it was 9:15 am. Never do that. I had shut off the phones. Jerry came got me and told me that his sister had called and that his dad was in the hospital. We waited all morning to hear from them, the doctor was coming in and then they would call. We waited for the kids to come home from church, ate some dinner and the priests brought us the sacrament. Thanks Issac and Taylor. What a blessing that was. Got ready and went to the hospital. Jerry's brother, John met us at the front door with a wheel chair. I didn't realize that I would be walking into one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life.
We have been very blessed to have our parents. It is heart wrenching to see a parent in that condition. Jerry gave him a beautiful blessing, but he is not expected to make it a few more days.
I love the man. He has been so good to me. He has taught us life lessons that no one else could teach us. He is part of the reason Jerry is who he is. I can't imagine life without him.
Today I cried. I have done pretty good through all of this. Felt pretty strong. Not today. Just felt that is was more than I could handle. Feel so bad for Jerry. So much hard stuff. But so much family love. It was amazing. Not much said, but I could feel the love and support from each family member. I love these people.
I made a post a while back about every time I saw Bill he said "HEY JUDE" I can still hear him say that, and even though he will never say it to me out loud, it will always be etched in my heart! I LOVE YOU, DAD/GRANDPA!
(I love this song on my playlist!)

12 comments:

Sandy Layne

You are going through such hard stuff and so much of it all at once. I'm so sorry. I will keep you in my prayers. Love You

sandy

OUR THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU. I FEEL LIKE IV'E GONE THROUGH SOME HARD THINGS BUT NEVER SO MANY SO CLOSE TOGETHER. YOU GUYS HAVE HAD SO MUCH. I PRAY EVERYTHING GOES WELL THESE NEXT FEW DAYS.

Natalie♥

It was one of the hardest days for me as well. So very sad. Jerry did an amazing job on the blessing he gave Grandpa, I felt the spirit in the room so strong. I felt so sorry for Jerry, he was in so much pain and yet was so strong to be able to give Grandpa a blessing and say goodbye to him. My heart ached for him as I watched him. How lucky I am to have such great Aunts and Uncles in my life. Grandpa is so lucky to have a son who is so honorable and can give him so a precious blessing. Life is just too short isn't it? Love you guys so much and we will make it through this hard time it just isn't easy.

Lynn

That is a beautiful song.

My heart aches for all of you. It truly is hard to see the Patriarch of the family having to go through so much.

I don't know what to say. This post reminded me of both times when I had to say goodbye to my grandpas. "Until we meet again." actually. It truly is hard to say that to someone you love SO much!

I pray that the Lord will allow peace to come to him and to all of you. I pray that you will feel the Lord's arms wrapped around you all with love.

{Hugs}

P.S. What an awesome ward you have. I think that is cool that two young men came to give their Bishop the sacrament in his time of need.

Celeste

Oh Judy, I'm so sorry you all are going through more trials. How lucky to have the gospel in your lives though. You are still in my thoughts. Love you!

Chelsi

Glad you made it home safely. What a blessing for you to be there with your family at this time. Glad Jerry was feeling well enough to be there as an instrument to the lord. Our prayers continue to be with you and your family.

Amber

i'm so sorry to hear this! so many hard things in a row...but you are all so strong. i'll keep you all in my prayers and hope everything goes well for your family.

Christal

oh my one thing after another! I feel for you guys and you are in our prayers, wow sometimes when it rains it pours eh. I hope you are lifted throughout this week by all the love of family and friends to get you through all you guys are going thru right now. You are such an example to me in how you have handled all the trials over the past month or so! ttys

Missy

I'm so sorry to hear this, that's so hard. I hope that you guys can make it through these next few days. I'm glad that Jerry was feeling well enough to give him a blessing. Love ya Judy!

Unknown

Judy, our thoughts and prayers are with your family while you're going through all this! You guys are amazing, and it's so hard to go through so much grief at one time. I love the new song on your blog, it's one of my favorites. And it goes perfectly. :) Love ya!

Holly

Nothing wrong with crying mom. Sometimes it's just what we need. :) We love you and you are still in our prayers!

Kim Rose

Each time I read your blog my heart aches for you. PLEASE call me when you are ready and need a girls lunch. My treat! How about some Scrap goodies too?
Hang in there. My love and prayers are with you!

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge