Well, I'm not so sure about the red eye. Pro....you get the whole day to play. Con....you leave Maui at 9:00 P.M. (that is midnight Idaho time) and arrive in SLC at 6:00 A.M. Connecting flight to IF at 11:00 A.M. ( 5 hour layover) So needless to say....I am one sleepy girl.
Here are the top 10 highlights of this trip for me.
10. Refillable mugs. You pay 30.00 for a mug and you can fill it for a year....free! I LOVE DP on the beach.....seriously, it is heavenly!

9. Book Club. We all took books and JP got one in the airport at SLC. It was called "Riven" As he read the book, he gave us a play by play of it and it was a psyco book. At the end of the trip we knew about all the characters, and what happened. Joyce called him HENRY the rest if the trip.

8. The food! Oh my gosh. We ate so much. (and I was worried about the prednisone) We ate at the Hula Grill (my happy place), Lailonies, B.J's, and Kimos. Ate lots on the beach. The crab macadamia nut wantons and Hula pie was the best.

Hula Pie!

7. The Cabana's and the beach! Each day we ate breakfast and then went to our cabana's. Heaven on Earth! That is where we stayed ALL day. Walked the beach and snorkeled, some, but mostly laid there.


6. The treasure hunt. JP and I walked down to rent some scuba gear and when we got back this is what we found. Holes. I went snorkeling and JP went to get his book and it was GONE. Graig had buried it... (one way to not hear about the book) so that started the treasure hunts....ya know shoes....whatever.
5. View from my room. It was so beautiful.

4. Whales!
3. The ride across the Island to eat fish tacos and watch the surfers!



2. Of course, when joyce took the ambien!!! A classic
1. Just being together and with Rockwoods. It was such a blessing that they offered their other room to us. The timing was perfect. One of those tender mercies. It will get us through the next month or so. Thanks Rockwoods. It was priceless!!!!




{ have decided to have a friend, ward and family fast on the day of surgery. March 18th. Just thought I would let you all know. Thanks for all of your love and support through this. I just wish it was over.....hate waiting.....Seems like an Eternity!}
Uplifting Quotes
"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley
"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo
"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo
. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker
GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye
LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams
The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams
..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye
"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis
"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman
"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo
"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard
"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer
10 comments:
WER'E GLAD YOU ARE BACK SAFE AND SOUND. IT SOUNDS LIKE IT WAS WHAT YOU NEEDED AND DESERVED. OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH JERRY ALL THE WAY MAN.
Glad you're home but must admit I'm a little jealous, jealous, jealous! Looks like you had fun! It would be heavenly to lay around by the beach all day for a few days. It's sad, but I'm so looking forward to going to nationals next week just so I can get out of this stinkin town! Provo is no Maui but it will have to do for now! We leave Wednesday for Provo and will be back Sunday. Brandon's surgery is the following Tuesday (the 17th). We'll talk later. Love ya!
Hi, my name is Julia and I think I found your blog through Lynn's. I happened to click on it a couple of weeks ago, and read for a while. Lots of laughs and a couple of tears...
Just wanted to let you know, you're in my prayers...you and your husband...
My husband had surgery for Kidney cancer in November and we are very blessed that it was contained and they were able to take the whole thing out without any chemo.
Anyway, I hope you don't mind a stranger thinking about you and praying for you. We are all one in the gospel right? LOL
You're more than welcome to check out my blog...www.serendipity-julia.blogspot.com
Soo fun! Glad you had a good time, you deserved it. We'll keep praying for you.
So glad you had a great time...all the pictures are dang cute. I applaud you all on your choices of books...all were totally appropriate for a week in Maui. Books are my salvation...you should see my "book" room. JP did talk about his book in Ward council...I want to read it, sounds way good. I'm already compiling a couple of my favs to read while he is "healing"...did you know the neighborhood has a book club? It's been going on for at least 5 years...If you want the list of books we read, let me know. Glad your back...how did Jackson do? In Primary today, we were making get well cards for our favorite bishop (don't tell him!)...Tori Thomason got marker on her nose...Kelton Jansen immediately licked his finger, and proceeded to scrub it off with his saliva...we all cracked up...he got embarressed and started to cry...I felt sooo bad, but it was so funny!!! So glad I'm still your visiting teacher...Nichole Thomason is my partner...LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL...we will totally be there for you and JP in the coming weeks...we will be there all the time, 24/7, by the bedside,
bringing drinks, food, taking the bed pan...ummm maybe not that..we will be the first thing you two seen when you wake up in the morning and the last you see when you go to bed...we will make it fun..a party in fact !!!!! Love you, Love you....
So glad you had so much fun! You deserve it you both look happy and relaxed just what you needed especially in the days coming up you can go to your happy place it always works our prayers and fasting are with you guys!! ttys
Sounds like the perfect trip!! :) So glad you got to go with such great friends. You guys just crack me up!
look how fun. my word!
and look at you two love birds. you are perfect together. so glad you have each other!
** my fav part of your trip is the refillable mugs. fantabulous. seriously!
YAY! Welcome home! I LOVED this post! So many glorious pictures. (Thank you!) So fun to see what you did. I Am DROOLING over that HUGE piece of pie! My gosh! That is a Hawaiian Volcano!
I will certainly fast for Jerry on March 18th. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you both in this way!
What an awesome trip! You guys should of called me on your layover in SLC...I'd love to see you!!! Next time??
Post a Comment