CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Thursday, March 5, 2009

:) WADAYA KNOW........OR THINK THURSDAY

IT IS SO HARD TO BELIEVE THAT IT HAS BEEN ALMOST 1 YEAR SINCE I ENTERED BLOG LAND. JP THINKS I AM A PSYCO BLOGGER. IT HAS BEEN ONE OF THE BEST EXPERIENCES....WHY? BECAUSE I HAVE MET SO MANY NEW PEOPLE AND FRIENDS, AND BECAUSE IT GIVES ME A CHANCE TO THINK. THERE HAVE BEEN SO MANY AMAZING POSTS THAT I HAVE JUST SPENT THE DAY THINKING ABOUT. THAT IS WHY I WANT TO DO "WADAYA KNOW.... OR THINK THURSDAY." JUST SOME RANDOM THOUGHTS OF MY WEEK AND YOU CAN COMMENT BECAUSE I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!

LOVE
YESTERDAY I WAS WALKING ALONG THE PATHWAY BY THE BEACH AND THERE WAS A HAMMOCK THERE. THERE WAS A COUPLE IN THEIR 70'S. HE WAS RESTING IN THE HAMMOCK AND SHE STOOD BY IT, JUST ROCKING IT, LIKE HE WERE AN INFANT. IT WAS SO CUTE. I WAS THINKING ABOUT OUR INSTINCT AS MOTHRE'S TO NURTURE.

WHERE DOES IT COME FROM? WHY DO WE INSTINCLY CARE FOR OTHERS. FROM THE MOMENT WE MARRY, OUR LOVE MUTATES INTO THAT OF CARING FOR A CHILD.....LIKE WE ACTUALLY GAVE LIFE TO IT. WE FEED IT, PROTECT, IT AND TRY TO MAKE LIFE AS COMPY AS POSSIBLE. HAVE YOU EVER WATCHED SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING TO YOUR HUSBAND AND THEN FEEL YOUR NERVES BRISTLE? YOU SEEM TO TURN INTO THE "SHE BEAR." I BELIEVE IT CAME FROM OUR HEAVENLY MOTHER. I LOVE THE EXAMPLE THAT SHE SETS. SHE IS ALWAYS THERE. NO DIVORCE. NO CONTENTION. JUST LOVE AND EXAMPLE. ALSO FROM MY EARTHLY MOTHER. NO DIVORCE. NO CONTENTION. JUST LOVE AND EXAMPLE. I HAVE WATCHED MY MOM NURTURE MY DAD FOR 47 YEARS. IT IS LIKE HER HEART BEATING OUTSIDE HER BODY. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL THING.

HERE IS SOME ADVICE BY JAMES HARPER (1983 ENSIGN)

Nurturing also means finding strengths rather than weaknesses in our spouse. One of the recurring differences in studies of happily married couples compared to marriages in trouble is the amount of positive daily conversation. A good rule is to make at least two-thirds of our conversations with our spouse pleasant, positive, and nurturing to both. Problems need to be talked about and worked through, but to spend all of our time together solving problems isn’t appealing in any relationship.

I AM A PROTECTOR. MY KIDS CAN TELL YOU THAT I AM. I WANT THE BEST FOR THEM AND WANT TO MAKE THINGS EASY. THAT IS NOT THE PLAN. WE LEARN BY THE DAILY CONFLICTS IN OUR LIVES. I WANT TO TAKE AWAY THE "C" WORD OUT OF OUR LIVES. I CAN'T. IT IS OUR DAILY CONFLICT. WE WILL LEARN AND GROW. MY KIDS WILL LEARN THINGS THAT CAN ONLY BE LEARNED THROUGH THIS EXPERIENCE. THEY ARE PLANNING ON SPENDING THE DAY OF SURGERY WITH ME. WE WILL ALL NURTURE. WE WILL TRY TO LOVE AND PROTECT AND MAKE BETTER. THAT IS WHAT MY HEAVENLY MOTHER WANTS ME TO DO. JUST TO LOVE AND TRY TO MAKE BETTER. I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR THIS INSTINCT I HAVE IN MY LIFE. I LOVE TO CARE FOR OTHERS. I AM ALSO GRATEFUL FOR THE LOVE AND NURTURING I RECIEVE FROM JP. HE IS SO DANG GOOD TO ME.

OK.....ENOUGH OF THAT. YESTERDAY WE WENT SNORKELING.....ONE OF MY VERY FAVORITE THINGS TO DO. I LOOKED UP AND 2 FEET FROM ME WAS A HUGE TURTLE. I COULD TOUCH IT. HE WAS SO BEAUTIFUL. SO PEACEFUL. WHAT A GREAT DAY!

ME:)) (NOTICE THE DOUBLE CHIN?)

4 comments:

Lynn

WOW! Has it been almost a year already??!!! I honestly don't know where I'd be if you hadn't shown up in blogland. Probably still trying to relate to new moms. : D We can be "old" moms together. LOL!

Those snorkling pics are AWESOME! That is SO cool!

LOVE LOVE LOVE your new theme for Thursdays. I too love reading blogs.. They make me think about people and their thoughts all the time. I think I will be thinking about your thinking tonight. Ha!

Holly

Great thoughts Jude. And WOW that turtle!! SOOO COOL! Reminds me of the turtles on Nemo. You are so lucky!!

Chelsi

Yeah! Something to look forward to on Thursdays... How awesome to see that turtle sooo close!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and pics from your trip.

Christal

WHat a great post and theme I love my mondays with me thinks too cause it gives me a chance to think all week whats going on in my head its nice!!
You lucky Hawaiian girl!! love the pictures and your thoughts! It sounds so relaxing to be you this week!! congrats on almost a year it is so fun isn't a spot all our own met new people express ourselves and share the gospel!! Here's to another year of blogging!! And getting to know you better! ttyl

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge