So, as you remember, my 2009 word I picked was survive. Don't know why. A premonition. We went to church today. Great talks and lessons. Came home. Actually cooked a meal. Phone rang. It was Nicole. Crying. Her stomach hurt. I told her to lay down for awhile, then have her home teachers come over and give her a blessing. As the day progressed, so did the pain. At 3:00 she called and said her room mate was taking her to the emergency room. She said she would call when she found something out. We drove to Swan Valley to see Jerry's parents. Came home. Waited. Got the call to 7:00. She had to go into emergency surgery. Has a bad appendix. Packed. Drove to Provo on black ice and a blizzard. She went into surgery 20 minutes before we arrived at the hospital. Waited. Came out of surgery and is doing good. It is 2:00 A.m. and we are in her room visiting. She is getting out of the hospital tomorrow and when she feels ok, we will take her home with us.
So grateful that I have the Gospel and the Comforter so I can survive!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Uplifting Quotes
"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley
"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo
"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo
. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker
GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye
LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams
The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams
..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye
"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis
"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman
"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo
"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard
"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer
"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo
"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo
. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker
GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye
LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams
The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams
..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye
"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis
"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman
"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo
"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard
"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer
Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun







10 comments:
When it rains, it pours! Don't forget your umbrella. Love ya! Thinking about and praying for your family!
Dang it!! Glad it was only her appendix though. Sounds like you had a wonderful time in Hawaii. I was laughing so hard about the Ambien. Hang in there!
Poor girl!! I can't even imagine... Hope she recovers quickly.
Oh, no! Well, I'm glad she decided to go into the ER. Hope she's doing better now.
Oh my gosh that sounds like Alli! Poor Nicole! I am so jealous of your trip. But wow what fun and FUNNY memories. And Judy you look so good! I want you to know that you and your family are always in our prayers ok? WE love you! And we still need to do lunch soon with my mom and Mae!
Oh Judy! Your e-mail to me prompted me to go back to your blog. I had not seen this post. YIKES!!!
I totally agree with Ingrid Lott! I hope you do have a good strong umbrella.
I get the feeling though that the Lord is mindful of you all. If this had to happen to Nicole, it's probably a good thing that it happened AFTER you were home from vacation and BEFORE Jerry's surgery next week. Wow! Talk about timing. So glad you are there for her and very glad that her roommates were able to get her there in time.
Hang in there!
Yes I'm going to Darby! Hooray!!
My goodness! I am glad she is ok. I am sorry we missed you guys too. But I really enjoyed the pictures you posted! You and your sweet family are in our prayers!
seriously one thing after another so far this year maybe is was a premonition of things to come picking that word! But you are amazing through it all I guess thats where come what may.. and have faith comes in eh! Hope she is doing better no surgery is fun! Hope she recovers quick welcome home eh!! ttys
So good you made it home in time to be there with her.
Hang in there girl. I am praying for you!
I admire your strength!
Post a Comment