I've had to try really hard to think of the blessings and miracles in my life this year. It is easy to dwell on my problems and trials. I asked Stacy if I could share this with blog land and I got her permission.
As you know, before we left for Hawaii, we were thinking about not going because my face swelled with hives. If you read my blog, you know that I got some meds that worked.
On the way out the door to Salt Lake, Stacy handed me a "LITTLE BOOK OF THANKS FOR MOM" and a letter. I want to share part of that letter.
Quote: "The day you had hives on your face and I walked in your room and saw you tears filled my eyes. I hate to see you suffer. I went to my room and got on my knees and began to pray. I prayed harder that day than I have in a long time. I pleaded with my Father in Heaven that he would heal you, even just for a time so that you and dad could go to Hawaii and spend some time together before all of this. I told the Lord that I would give him anything. I told him I would spend my life alone or that he could take away my job at BYU-I that I love so much if He would heal you. The next day your hives were gone. I know that you started on different meds, but I know the Lord answered my prayers. I don't think he will take away anything from me because he loves you too and wanted you to have that week with dad. But I want you to know that I would give up anything for you. I love you so much and want you to know that I am always there for you. I wish I could re-pay you for my life of happiness."
I love you with all my heart,
Stacy
Two days after we returned from Hawaii the hives returned and have not gone away. I am so grateful for that beautiful gift, a week in Hawaii, hive free. One of those tender mercies in my life right now!
Monday, March 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Uplifting Quotes
"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley
"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo
"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo
. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker
GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye
LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams
The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams
..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye
"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis
"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman
"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo
"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard
"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer
"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo
"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo
. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker
GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye
LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams
The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams
..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye
"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis
"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman
"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo
"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard
"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer
Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun







15 comments:
That's so sweet, what a great story. I'm so glad that you were able to go to Hawaii and enjoy yourselves and not have to worry about those dang hives. What a nice letter she wrote you. Stacy is such a sweet girl, I have always looked up to her because she's so very thoughtful and kind. It didn't surprise me at all that this was something she would do. You have a wonderful family.
MUST GO WITH THE NAME!! ISN'T IT WONDERFUL TO HAVE SUCH A SENSITIVE, CARING DAUGHTER! - THAT IS A TENDER MERCY AND A PRICELESS, PRECIOUS GIFT JUST FOR YOU. YOUR FAMILY IS AMAZING!!!!
LOVE YA
Oh wow! I can hardly see to type this. I am bawling my eyes out. What a beautiful daughter you have. Truly! You have raised her well.
I don't know her that well (other than what I can read from your blog), but PLEASE tell her thanks for allowing us to read what you shared.....I cleave unto anything inspirational from Blogland, and your post today truly gave me more inspiration than I have had in a long time.
I am so sorry Judy that your hives are back. What a testimony, though that the Lord is there. He truly does answer prayers.
Wow...I'm with Lynn. I'm totally crying...That was so unbelievably touching and beautiful. You must be filled up to the brim with emotions. I read your post yesterday and started bawling, so I postponed commenting and now this...You are SO very blessed to have SO much love surrounding you.
What a wonderful story. So much faith. What more could a mother ask for than for her daughter to have so much faith. But, all that said, I am so sorry that your hives have returned. That must be miserable. I hope you get relief soon.
Janet
Judy, this is such a wonderful post. I am glad that Stacy allowed you to share this. What a great family you have! You are truly blessed to have such wonderful relationships with your children. I am glad that you could go Hawaii and not have to worry about them, but I am sorry that they have returned.
I just realized that last sentence didn't make sense. It sounds like I am meaning I am glad you didn't have to worry about your children. So I just thought I would clarify. ;) I meant, I am glad you could go to Hawaii and not have to worry about the hives, but I am sorry they have returned.
That's really sweet. God works in mysterious ways. And you have great kids who are so thoughtful and sweet. Stacy has always been that way and I love her so much for being the thoughtful and kind person she is. What a sweet letter. And I'm so happy you were and still are hive free! I love you and your family!
Stacy is such a sweet heart. She gets it from her sweet mother. I'm so glad you had that week to enjoy hive free. Your family is going to 'SURVIVE' this time and be much stronger and closer when it's all said and done.
Wow, talk about a tear jerker. That is such a sweet letter. Stacy has always been so faithful. I just love her. I'm so glad you and Jerry were able to spend time in Hawaii together before all of this happened. You guys are wonderful people and deserve all the happiness in the world. Love ya!
What a blessing to have such beautiful and thoughtful children! Wow! Full of faith that Mae is! :)
she is amazing! what a great example she is! i can honestly say i look up to her. you have such a great family.
What a great letter to receive. She sounds so sweet. I'm glad you have such a wonderful family there to support you and your husband at this time. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Lindy
what a beautiful and touching letter and a tender mercy he really does hear our prayers! I hope the hives go away for good soon!! Also your in our prayers with all your family is going through and now a funeral. One thing after another eh! You are a piller! I always say that but your family is amazing all you've had to suffer through the past few months!! ttys
That is so sweet, what a blessing to be a mom!
Post a Comment