Jump over HERE to see more of these family pictures! :}
The other day I got a phone call. It is the kind of call no one likes to get. It was my daughter, informing me that her roommate’s dad just passed away of pancreatic cancer. It sent me in a tail spin of emotions. She had just flown home to see him a few weeks ago, and so the family was finding it difficult to purchase a flight home. I set out to see if I could use my flyer miles, only to find out they were expired. I talked to a representative at Delta and I was told that for $50 dollars I can reactivate them, and for $150 here, and $10 dollars there we could work it out. ( to purchase a flight was from $900 to $1500) Her Bishop then volunteered to pay the fees if we could use my miles…….But then a member from her home ward booked her a flight and she is on her way home tomorrow. I do not know this family, but my heart panicked. I cried for their loss. I could, in some way, feel the pain. They are in my thoughts and prayers!!!!
WADAYA think about Halloween? To be honest with you….I love it. I have never focused on the gory part, but I love the costumes, candy, pumpkins, colored leaves and trick or treating. When my kids were little, this was our Halloween Day:
1. Make or buy costumes (mostly made)
2. Dress kids in costume for school (if it were allowed)
3. Make sugar cookies for the Grandmas
4. Carve pumpkins
4. Go trick or treating at mall
5. Go to Grandma’s to take cookies and show them costumes
6. Ran door to door
7. Attend all Halloween parties available
I have so many fun memories and I am preparing a fun post for Halloween. (fun for me) So stay tuned…………..







6 comments:
That breaks my heart. I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm sure it's hard on all of you.
I am SO excited for your next post! ;)
I'm totally with HOlly on this one. That sure is hard news for anyone. I am so touched by that family that bought her a ticket home....and for YOU for trying to work it out someway as well.
I am really excited to check out your next post too.
And GREAT pics of your extended family! When Candi gets married, I just may have to convince her to get married in the ID falls temple so you can do their pictures. : D
What you did....is what it is all about.
That news is so heart breaking. I feel bad for that girl. The effort to get her home sure was amazing. I hope her family is doing well, and also all others who have taken it hard.
I LOVE Halloween! Amber and I love this holiday so much. This year it has been hard to feel the fun spirit of Halloween with all the busy school stuff. But I'm still happy for it! I can't wait for that Halloween post!
Sad.... :0( YAY for you for having a BIG heart and set out to work on serving her. I hope that their family will be able to feel of their Heavenly Father's love during this difficult time.
Love the pictures!!! Love hearing about your family traditions! I enjoy Halloween too! :0)
What a horrible story what a beautiful heart you have we need more people like you in this world. But what sadness everywhere!
{love your scrapbook pages and memories you are so wonderful!!}Happy Halloween love your costumes this year!! You are beautiful! Inside and out!
Post a Comment