CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Monday, October 12, 2009

:0 SWEET MEMORY MONDAY

Today I spent the day cleaning my craft room. It is so hard to do that, cause I seem to sit in the middle of the room, and take a walk down memory lane. I LOVE to look at my scrapbooks. So many wonderful memories.

I was looking at some pics when Stacy got her mission call. We took the kids to Utah and did a temple tour. It was so fun, but a hard time because we knew she would be leaving for 18 months, but what a wonderful experience. We went to Salt lake and Timpanogos Temples. We did some shopping and went to Cabellas!
June 2006 ( so love these people)






At Cabellas On Saturday we had our Super Saturday. We have the best Enrichment (or what ever it is called now) crew ever!!!!! Our 2nd counselor is moving from our ward and it is making me so sad!
:{ She is so talented. I made her a book of all the enrichments she did the past 2 years so when I get it all the way finished, I will post it......it is so cool!

The theme was 100 dresses. So the sisters brought gently used dresses to donate to a shelter for women to be able to dress up for work or job interviews. They hung the dresses around the cultural hall. It was quite a sight. We had a waffle bar.......have you ever had a waffle with caramel topping, peacans and whipped cream? Oh my gosh!!!!!!I know that I am so loved by my Heavenly Father to allow me to work with these sisters. (S.C. Relief Society Presidency) We have been together for 2 1/2 years and I FEEL SO BLESSED! It has been a priceless experience, and working with them has been proof to me that there are angels on earth! (Photo tip: In Christine's photo class she taught us how to position people so they look thinner.....How did this work?)

Our classes included: Hair bows-Bead watches-coupon clipping 101-Missionary work- and compassionate service.


Daily Gem:
Accepting God’s Will under Difficult Circumstances

“I witnessed how [a] faithful family dealt with great adversity. Several members of the Quero family had died in a terrible car accident. Brother Abraham Quero lost his parents, two sisters, his brother-in-law and his niece in that accident. Brother Quero showed an admirable attitude when he said the following: ‘This was the time to show loyalty to God and to acknowledge that we depend on Him, that His will must be obeyed, and that we are subject to Him.’ ”
Rafael E. Pino,

5 comments:

Julia

Your photos were awesome even when you hadn't taken your classes!! I love that temple, it's so beautiful! I can't wait til one of my children decide to go on a mission. Tanner says he's going, and I really believe he will. I know I'll miss him but I'll be SO pleased that he's choosing to do what Heavenly Father has asked every worthy young man to do.
Can you believe I missed Super Saturday two years in a row. I totally forgot about it. I don't think I missed much but the company. Oh well...glad you had fun with it!

Unknown

I love that 100 Dresses idea! It looks like you have had a great enrichment group. Isn't it great being part of such an awesome ward?

Steph

Your angle on the SLC temple is awesome! What a great memory! I love the 100 dresses "enrichment" idea. So fun!

Lisa

Yes, Judy! You are the winner! So email me your address, so I can get your loot out to ya'!

Lynn

OH man! Your ward has the COOLEST ideas for the sisters to do. Love that those dresses were being donated. That is SO cool!

ANd a waffle bar?? Who ever thought of that is a genius!

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge