We made Huckleberry French Toast with Buttermilk Syrup
Went for a walk.... This is Ryan and Syd and Lucy!
I am loving conference. My all time Fav yesterday was Brother Packer. He talked about hitting the DELETE button in your head. If you are having bad thoughts.......delete! Thinking something negitive? delete! Then relpace it with a song or something. I love him and I loved his talk. It is hard to watch these great men that I have loved for many years get sick and age. He is such an example of strength and courage to me.
So many wonderful talks.
But may I say that one of the reasons I am grateful for the Gospel is because with the world in turmoil, and so many opinions of whats to come, I have a peace as I listen to the Prophet and the Church Leaders. I will do as they say. I will follow them. When they tell me to panic! then I will panic! Until then I follow them. I prepare myself spiritually, work on my food stodge, and enjoy the fact that we have this "LATTER-DAY-Liahona" to guide us through. I remember in the early nineties, people panicked, freaked out and bought guns, and claimed that in a few years it would be over! I hated that! I was expressing my feeling to my sweet hubby and he said, "Did the Prophet sat that?" Ummmm Nooooo! It was then I learned to listen to the Prophet. HE KNOWS!!!!!!! I am one that easily can get caught up in the fear. But because of the Gospel, I can have peace! This is one of the sweet blessing I enjoy in my life! :}
Back in 2003 I started a scrap book about me. I ran across it tucked away in my scrap book room. I just realized the importance of leaving a legacy. To understand that we won't always be here, and that our lives can change in a milla-second. I only got a few pages done, and as I look at them, I realize just how precious they are....or will be.
The first page is my self portrait. I am usually behind the camera, so this is proof that I was here!!!
This page was so fun, cause it is stuff that I don't usually think about.
I took 2nd place in the school talent show in 6th grade and 1st in the wheel barrel race.

In 2003 I was in the Creating Keepsakes Magazine for having bought their first copy! It was super fun!!!
I taught Sunday school when I was 17
My favorite hobby is scrap booking
My first kiss was in the 7th grade Wow!
I have 3 moms (mine and my friends' moms)
I worked at Orange Julius in high school
I am in the November 2003 issue of Creating Keepsakes
I twirled the baton when I was little
I had the feeling that Jerry was the one from the very beginning
I am a daddy's girl
I've had 5 stitches in my lip and 4 in my big toe
I had 2 mis-carriages
My favorite callings in the church are the camp director and the primary chorister
I was in the Mexico earthquake in 2003 in Manzanillo that was 7.8 We were in the ballroom and I thought we were gonna die.
I always prayed for a sister, guess I was blessed with good friends
I've moved 8 times
My Birthday is the day after Christmas
My Birthday is the day after Christmas
I am the only girl
I've had the same friends since I was 3
My kids are my best accomplishment
I have never broken a bone or had surgery (oh, yes I did in 06)
All I ever wanted was to be a wife and mom
I was in ski club in high school
I believe in a one and only
My favorite show is Tool Time and I watch all the reruns and laugh like I have never seen them before
I sold tupperware my junior and senior year
I got married when I was 18
I used to sew for a living
I didn't have hair until I was 2
I taught baton lessons at a summer recreation program when I was in 6th grade. I made 60 dollars.
I have 8 cameras
I worked in a convenient store when I was 14, I pumped gas, stocked shelves, and ran the cash register. I made 1.25 an hour!~
I babysat a TON when I was 12-14
I love to watch Dr. Phil and Oprah
I look at scrapbook magazines over and over.
I have 2 brothers and NO sisters
I love to take naps
The doctor told us we would never had kidsTexas Rhoadhouse and Jakers are my favorite places to eat.
We used to camp in a sheep camp
If I could have a career it would be a photographer
I tried out for cheerleader in High school but didn't make it.
I had braces in 5th grade.
I hit a car while I was taking drivers ed. My teacher told me to "just go!"
My best friend "Janatte" died when I was 15
I love to read a good romance novel
My favorite color has always been yellow
My whole life is my family
I sewed my own clothes in high school
My favorite movies are: Sister Act, While you were sleeping, Toy Story, Return to me and How to lose a guy in 10 days!
My favorite movies are: Sister Act, While you were sleeping, Toy Story, Return to me and How to lose a guy in 10 days!
Then I did a page on "100 things I LOVE! This is so fun to go back and look......here are a few:
(2003)
Scotty's*My Honda* Nicole's art* Stacy*Kit Kat bites*wearing sandals*scrapping at the cabin* rainy days*lunch with friends* memories of Janatte*Family vacations*dark chocolate* Anita Stansfield books*going to dealer conferences* Thanksgiving dinner*the Gospel*the Temple*soup on a cold night*Nacho Cheese Doritos*watching my kids grow*my brothers*watching Ryan dance*making my dad laugh*camping in our 5th wheel*being married Jerry*Lagoon with my family*the scriptures*Brent and Michelle*Lot in Swan Valley*Ryan* 4 wheeling*Christmas*creme brulee*Sunday naps*scrappin with Nancy* scrapbook supplies* my birthday* teasing people*girls camp*Roberts Craft*laying on the beach*the mall* my parents*the Rockwoods* egg rolls at the fair*our back yard*reading Sunday's paper*Krispy Kreme donuts* fall*Chinese food*my scrapbook room*hot bubble baths*having parties*carmex* Nicole*seeing my kids laugh*getting my nails done*family reunions*getting snowed in*new purses*family pictures*my parents*Stacy's testimony*serving people*fireworks on the 4th*being a mom* Halloween costumes* sewing* diet pepsi*the mountains*Joyce*
(2009) Jaxon* my river house*the Atonement*life long friends*getting my kids all together*my ward*Sydni*our cabin*snowmobiling*Stacy's mission stories*my photography course*bloggin*
100 things I hate (2003)
liver*to diet*snakes* dry hands*burnt food*layovers at the airport*being late*bees* being in a hurry*judgemental people*postnasal drip*runny eggs*sleeping in a tent*seeing someone cry*cleaning up throw up*bad breath*putting on a swimming suit*fighting kids*cigarette smoke*sore throat*pollution*dirty bathrooms*dirty glasses* looking for the cordless phone*when my computer crashes*stinky garbage*raw meat*cancer*dirty windows*airplanes*contention*icy roads*having my kids grow up*standing in line*hair in my food*rides that spin*hot feet*math*screaming kids*bananas*sunburned lips*fly's*being fat*cold showers*strong perfume*hiking*getting lost*toenail clippings*dirty laundry*phone solicitors*wet socks*hobo spiders*being put on hold*hives*cold food in restaurants*having nothing to fix for dinner*getting up in the morning*my kids getting hurt*going to the doctor*cellulite*wet dog jumping on me*no carmex*being cold*a messy house*hi-pitched screams*food in teeth*ironing*snoring*paying taxes*getting my car stuck*mowing lawn in the wind*
(2009)
empty nest* trials* that none of my kids live in my city*suffering*fear*change*house that won't sell*the economy*conflicts of the world*that I have no grandkids*gossip*
Something funny:
Me: I think we are going to have Yorkshire pudding for dinner ( a fav of mine that I ate at McGary's growing up)
Ryan: Yorkshire Terrier?
Cole:WHERE'S JAXON?!!!!







7 comments:
That was SO FUN to read, I would love to have something like this of my mom and dad and grandparents! SO COOL!
Glad you are enjoying conference me too! There is NOTHING better! I bet I cried through most of it... such a beautiful spirit!
Enjoy your time with your kids at the cabin! :)
I learned so much about you from this post! It is a great idea to get those kinds of things written down for family to enjoy later.
PS I was craving French toast LIKE CRAZY this morning! Those huckleberry ones look amazing!
I love you Judy!! I feel like I know everything about you! I love that you have 8 cameras. That doesn't surprise me though you scrappy girl you! And I need that french toast recipe!! That looks amazing, my mouth was just hangin open and I was droolin ha ha. LOVE YA JUDY!
You are so awesome! Love You!
MMMmmm. . .buttermilk syrup is the BEST! That french toast sounds fantastic. That's a great idea to do a scrapbook about you. Very cool. Oh, and I think I'm going to steal your Memory Monday idea. Hope you don't mind. . .:)
Oh those pages all about you are SO cool!!! I am going to have to do something like that now and then again in about 10 years and see if anything changes.
I laughed SO hard when I read about you hitting a car in driver's ed. What was your instructor thinking??!!!! LOL
I am sitting here at my sister's house and everyone is wondering why I am laughing So hard. : D
I am SO mad at myself for not connecting with you somehow while going through Idaho Falls. I am going to try and see if I can meet you on the highway, even if to just give you a BIG hug on our way back through on Sunday afternoon.
E-mail me. If I have a phone number, I could try and call you to let you know closer to the time I would be coming through.
Hee, Hee!! That is so fun to learn so much about you. What a really great idea! :0) I also love your testimony that you shared! Oh- and the food...my insulin levels just raised just by looking at your pictures! So yummy!!!
Post a Comment