It was so fun to have us ALL together this weekend and guess what? Not one Picture.........No makeup!!!!! We stayed in our jammies all weekend! Only went on one walk. Watched the horrific storm blow in to IP. Thought the roof was gonna blow off. Woke up to a couple inches of snow. Witnessed our first rollover accident going home, (2 car were involved, the roads were slushy) I hate bad roads cause of that!
I got on my email today and My cousin, Sue, had emailed me some STUFF that I loved, so I will share...... Kinda long, but worth the read.
A seminary professor was vacationing with his wife in Gatlinburg , TN. One morning, they were eating breakfast at a little restaurant, hoping to enjoy a quiet, family meal. While they were waiting for their food, they noticed a distinguished looking, white-haired man moving from table to table, visiting with the guests. The professor leaned over and whispered to his wife, 'I hope he doesn't come over here.' But sure enough, the man did come over to their table.'Where are you folks from?' he asked in a friendly voice.' Oklahoma ,' they answered.'Great to have you here in Tennessee ,' the stranger said.. 'What do you do for a living?''I teach at a seminary,' he replied.'Oh, so you teach preachers how to preach, do you? Well, I've got a really great story for you.' And with that, the gentleman pulled up a chair and sat down at the table with the couple.The professor groaned and thought to himself, 'Great .. Just what I need ....another preacher story!'The man started, 'See that mountain over there? (pointing out the restaurant window). Not far from the base of that mountain, there was a boy born to an unwed mother. He had a hard time growing up, because every place he went, he was always asked the same question, 'Hey boy, Who's your daddy?' Whether he was at school, in the grocery store or drug store, people would ask the same question, 'Who's your daddy?'He would hide at recess and lunch time from other students. He would avoid going in to stores because that question hurt him so bad. 'When he was about 12 years old, a new preacher came to his church. He would always go in late and slip out early to avoid hearing the question, 'Who's your daddy?'But one day, the new preacher said the benediction so fast that he got caught and had to walk out with the crowd.Just about the time he got to the back door, the new preacher, not knowing anything about him, put his hand on his shoulder and asked him, 'Son, who's your daddy?'The whole church got deathly quiet. He could feel every eye in the church looking at him Now everyone would finally know the answer to the question, 'Who's your daddy?''This new preacher, though, sensed the situation around him and using discernment that only the Holy Spirit could give, said the following to that scared little boy.. 'Wait a minute! I know who you are! I see the family resemblance now, You are a child of God.'With that he patted the boy on his shoulder and said, 'Boy, you've got a great inheritance. Go and claim it.''With that, the boy smiled for the first time in a long time and walked out the door a changed person. He was never the same again. Whenever anybody asked him, 'Who's your Daddy?' he'd just tell them , 'I'm a Child of God..''The distinguished gentleman got up from the table and said, 'Isn't that a great story?'The professor responded that it really was a great story!As the man turned to leave, he said, 'You know, if that new preacher hadn't told me that I was one of God's children, I probably never would have amounted to anything!' And he walked away..The seminary professor and his wife were stunned. He called the waitress over & asked her, 'Do you know who that man was -- the one who just left that was sitting at our table?'The waitress grinned and said, 'Of course. Everybody here knows him. That's Ben Hooper. He's governor of Tennessee !'Someone in your life today needs a reminder that they're one of God's children!'The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of God stands forever.' ~~IsaiahYOU'RE ONE OF GOD'S CHILDREN!!! HAVE A GREAT DAY!
As a kid, I loved to watch Red Skelton. He was hilarious! He was a comedian, and seriously a good ball! I remember laughing at him and loved when he was on tv. I LOVE this video that he did. Priceless. Take a few minutes and watch. You might actually learn something. I did.
(go down and mute my music playlist!)
I published my post, got on Christal's blog and she had this on her's. Wow! We must be thinking alike. So......I hurried and added this. It's written by a 15 year old boy!
The New School Prayer
Now I sit me down in school
Where praying is against the rule
For this great nation under God
Finds mention of him very odd
If scripture now the class recites
It violates the Bill of Rights
And anytime my head I bow
Becomes a federal matter now
Our hair can be purple, orange, or green
That's no offense; it's a freedom scene
The law is specific, the law is preciseP
rayers spoken aloud are a serious vice )
For praying in a public hall
Might offend someone with no faith at all
In silence alone we must meditate
God's name is prohibited by the state
We're aloud to cuss and dress like freaks
And pierce our noses, tongues, and cheeks
They've outlawed guns, but first the Bible
To quote the Good Book makes me liable
We can elect a pregnant senior queen
And the unwed daddy, our senior king
It's "inappropriate" to teach right from wrong
We're taught that such judgements don't belong
We can get our condoms and birth controls
Study Witchcraft, vampires, and totem poles
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed
No word of God must reach this crowd
It's scary here I confess
When the chaos reigns the school's a mess
So, Lord, this silent plea I make:
Should I be shot; My soul please take!
Amen
Thanks Christal!!!!!
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Uplifting Quotes
"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley
"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo
"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo
. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker
GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye
LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams
The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams
..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye
"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis
"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman
"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo
"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard
"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer
"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo
"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo
. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker
GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye
LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams
The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams
..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye
"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis
"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman
"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo
"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard
"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer
Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun







3 comments:
Love that "preacher" story- so good!!! I'm going to copy it and keep it in my thought book! :0)
Judy- Me again! :0) I was just looking through your photogrpahy blog- WOW!!! I was wondering if I could use (blog-lift) some of your images for my photography class tomorrow night. You have some really great ones using leading lines and framing. It's late notice, I know!!! It's for a R.S. enrichment mini class. You are more than welcome to come! It's at the stake buld. at 7. Email me at chrisylee12@hotmail.com !!!! Oh- I promise to give you full credit for your pictures as well!!!
Great story!!
A photographer doesn't take ONE single picture all weekend???!!! That is hilarious! But you know something......I bet it was a nice break.
I am SOoooo not looking forward to traveling back up North. I hear the snow and cold and storms are everywhere up there. I am SO enjoying the warm weather here. I think the Lord is blessing us to have a wonderful vacation cause it's the first one Dean and I have taken together without the kids EVER! It's been a fabulous time!! No phone. No work (oaky....maybe work) but still SO fun!
Post a Comment