I was headin' to Walmart a couple days ago, and I heard this song on the radio. It is sung by Miley Cyrus and it is called "The Climb" I know I ask in my heart daily for tender mercies to get me through some of this STUFF! I loved this. Here are the words:
I can almost see it
That dream I'm dreaming but
There's a voice inside my head sayin,
You'll never reach it,
Every step I'm taking,
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking but
I Got to keep trying
Got to keep my head held high
There's always going to be another mountain
I'm always going to want to make it move
Always going to be an uphill battle,
Sometimes I'm gonna to have to lose,
Ain't about how fast I get there,
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb
The struggles I'm facing,
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down but
No I'm not breaking
I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm going to remember most
Just got to keep going
And I, I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on, cause
There's always going to be another mountain
I'm always going to want to make it move
Always going to be an uphill battle,
Sometimes I'm gonna to have to lose,
Ain't about how fast I get there,
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb
There's always going to be another mountain
I'm always going to want to make it move
Always going to be an uphill battle,
Sometimes you going to have to lose,
Ain't about how fast I get there,
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb
Keep on moving
Keep climbing
Keep the faith baby
It's all about
It's all about
The climb
Keep the faith
Keep your faith
(this song is on my playlist! It is awesome)
And.... on Wednesday night we had a tribute open house for Jana and Kennedy.
I have been working in the RS with Jana for 2 1/2 years. I soooooooo love her. They are leaving our ward and I am so sad. She is one of those people in my life that "I know she loves me no matter what and I never worry about what she is thinking or saying about me." She is so amazingly talented. I will miss working with her and seeing her on a weekly basis. I love ya Jana (and Kennedy too)
We have the most amazing ward. I thought I would just throw some goodies together. No Biggie..... so many offered and brought food. We had sooooooo much. I love my ward! ;}
The Blanket that Carol made her.
Carol, me and Jana. Debbie (not pictured) was out of town and we missed her terribly.
Some things I have learned working as the RS Secretary and with these wonderful sisters:
1. To say yes when someone asks you to pray. (it is my least fave thing to do it scares me to death)
2. The love a President can have for the sisters in her ward
3. To remember to take the roll every Sunday (duh I did forget some days and had to remember who was there.)
4. The joy of visiting sisters in our ward
5. The love the 4 of us have for each other
6. I have learned so much from the trials of these sisters
7. The talent Jana has when doing enrichment (or what ever it is called now)
8. How Carol gathers the sisters together that are alone.
9. How to love and serve
10. That I must be loved by my Heavenly Father to be able to work with these sistas!!!!!!
What a blessing it has been!







6 comments:
I love that song too. I'm pretty sure everyone can relate in some way or another. It's always an awesome opportunity to serve with great women. It makes you want to be a better person and you learn so much from people like that. I'm sure they have also learned a lot from you.
Hmm...I'm surprised that I haven't heard that song! My girls listen to her occasionally. From the words it sounds good.
I'm sorry your friend is moving. She sounds like a wonderful person and she's lucky to have a friend like you. It's a good thing that you look for everyone's good qualities.
Awesome ward you have! Moving from a family ward so "knit together" must be very hard to do. I can't imagine moving now. We've been in our ward for over 20 years. Most of our married life. LOT'S of other members have moved away though, and it was hard to say good bye.
I bet you two will keep in contact forever now, though!
LOVE that song Climb! I listen to it often!
That is Brooklyn's FAVORTIE song right now! We all have it memorized! lol. :) It is an amazing song!
I'm sorry your friend is leaving. You always throw the best parties!! :)
And yes, Tuesday will work for us! You just let us know what time and we will be there! :) Love ya!
I'm going to miss Jana too! We has been such a blast to work with. Never a dull moment--but she's tender and thoughtful of others too. Love her!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the great going away party!
You were all such examples to me. I keep thinking back to all the hard work you put into your callings. I was just called as the 2nd counselor in the RS in our new ward and I am scared to death. I hope I can serve as good as you do!
Post a Comment