Last night I had the privilege to go to Christine's photography class. (She is private, so sorry no link) I loved it. It was so fun to have so much of the stuff I have been learning in my photo course come alive. She is amazing. I love her talent. I really appreciated her letting me CRASH the party! :} One thing that I loved was that she told us that she has her favorite photos on a disk and in her "72 HOUR KIT!!!!!!!!" What a genius! I am soooo going to do that!
WADAYA think about this:
What Defines You?
I have been thinking about this tons lately. I have been asking myself this question. So I did some searchin'. I found this................
Most people allow themselves to be defined by things other than who they are. They allow themselves to be defined by what other people think, by circumstances, by many things beyond their control. Or they allow themselves to be defined by their achievements, how much money they make or how successful they are. Perhaps they define themselves by how much education they have or how much power and influence they have. This one is especially prevalent in political circles. Some define themselves or are defined by others according to their station in life. Do they work for that big law firm or major corporation and live in a six thousand square foot home on the lake or the golf course, or do they work at Walmart and live in a trailer park?
None of these things, in truth, define us. In fact, not only do they not make us who we are, most of them are the result of who we are. No, we cannot control what people think. Nor can we always control outside circumstances that are forced upon us. But, we can control how we respond to those things. At this point I would like to stop and ask a simple question. I suggest you reflect upon this question. Don't just dismiss the idea and don't answer immediately, off the cuff, either. Take some time. Reflect upon it. Get alone in a quiet place, away from the hustle and bustle of life and ask yourself this question.
What defines you? Or, in the words of a philosophy professor I had back in my college days and we won't go into how long ago that was either, can you tell me who you are without telling me what you are?
I warn you, this is no easy task and it will mess with your head a little. However, I believe the exercise to be of tremendous value. Everything in our lives from business to relationships to our faith and most certainly our sense of self worth, depends upon how we feel about who we believe we truly are. In fact, feelings will probably come closer to the truth than a more pragmatic analytical approach. Most of us have difficulty being honest with ourselves. Perhaps we are afraid of what we will discover if we probe too deeply. We don't always like getting in touch with our feelings. Do it anyway, it's important. How can we be comfortable in the many different relationships we have in life, personal and business, if we are not comfortable with and have not accepted who we are? So do yourself a favor and ask yourself. What defines you?
(I got this wonderful info here)
It is easy for me to say, I'm a wife, mother, daughter, blah, blah, blah! So I've taken this challenge and asked my self these questions. (These are my opinions)
What do I stand for and believe? There have been times in my life that I have been "ON THE FENCE" It was very difficult because my heart and mind didn't agree. I was always confused. I have so much more peace when I KNOW what I believe and what I stand for.
What are my Talents? I want to say raising my family is my best talent, but I have to think deeper. Truly knowing what my talents are helps define me.
What are my flaws? I have tons! And by me accepting them and working on changing them I define myself. When I was a young mom, I had a temper, (ask Nicole about the "Flying Hamper"
I decided one day that I didn't want my kids to grow up with with this attribute from me. I had to work hard on this and sometimes lock myself in my room, but is was finally something that I achieved!!!!! (just don't make me mad~!!) That was a joke.
Am I ok with my physical self? Not so. I loved the days of my metabolism. I've had some health problems and love food. Two things that I have struggled with. But, I am still the same person inside. I remember as a skinny young girl thinking that if someone was overweight, they should just go on a diet and LOOSE IT! Well, it was one of those difficult lessons for me to learn. (But I do have skinny feet and wrists!)
Explain my inner self. How do I treat people? Am I selfish or giving. Do I have sympathy and empathy? Do I put others first? When I die, have a left a legacy of love and kindness? Do I have tolerence or am I judgemental?
What are my likes and dislikes. They make me who I am.
What is my personality like? (Wacko)
It is so amazing to stop and think about who we are and actually put a "finger on it!"
Ok....on to somthing else.,.......
I had a situation happen in my life, and I wanna know...... WADAYA think.
Someone I know said something to someone. (got that?) It kinda got back to the person that she was talking about, and because I know her, she thinks I feel the same way!!!!!!! (guilty by association.) It has really bothered me, and I told that person that I DON'T feel that way, but it is hard. It is a good lesson for me to learn......don't jump to conclusions!!!!!!
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Uplifting Quotes
"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley
"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo
"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo
. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker
GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye
LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams
The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams
..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye
"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis
"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman
"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo
"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard
"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer
"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo
"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo
. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker
GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye
LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams
The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams
..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye
"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis
"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman
"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo
"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard
"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer
Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun







9 comments:
Yeah you can post them for sure. There are so many cute ones! thanks a bunch
Great post! You have given me lots to think about. When my life is over will my kids say she spent so much time blogging or she was always with us.
What defines me??? I would like to say my family.
Your right Life is 2 short.
I don't know which made my brain hurt more--thinking about WHO I am instead of WHAT I am --or-- trying to figure out your life situation that you mentioned at the end! Your post really does give me a lot to think about. It's been on my mind lately. I definitely feel the negative things influencing me more than I want them to.
What a great idea to put pics in a 72-hour kit!
I love this post!! Gives us all something to think about love it!! Hope you are having a good week love ya!!
In NO way did you come and crash my class!!! I am so sorry if I kept putting you on the spot! I was just so nervous up there- Ha!!! Being a teacher is SO not WHO I am! LOL!! I do love this post though. I am totally going to do it. I think it would really make a great post on my infertility blog as well. Mind if I copy you?!? :0) You are just such an inspiration- I just adore you!!!
Oh- when I get that book from Janell I will send it your way. It has some really fun pictures and ideas in it!! Thank you again 1000 times over for letting me use your pictures. You just have some seriously great talent there!!!
Humm . . . This is tough.
I used to tell this to friends of mine in High School. I used to tell them to stop being what they were and start standing up and being who they are.
I know I am a Daughter of God born to be a Queen. Some days I feel like the maid. But some days I feel that love so strongly that it helps to put me back on track and keep me focused. It's not easy to keep Satan our of our thoughts. He's so good at what he does, that we get busy and turn our backs for a moment and he tends to try to take over. I just have to remember I can push Satan away and reflect upon my beauty as an eternal daughter of my Heavenly Father. That's who I am. And who I always want to be.
~Britt~
Hi Judy,
Wow you are quite the expert blogger. I'm very impressed. It was fun to get to read up on what is going on and to follow some of your other links. I can spend way too much time doing this.
GREAT post!!!! Very thought provoking. Love it!!! I am definitely going to think about that question.
I love that you worry about me.
I actually wrote my last two Flash back Fridays and my last two Sunday Sharings, two weeks ago and post dated them to appear while I am away.
Yes.......I am STILL in Utah and loving it! The weather is awesome!! I have seen pictures and e-mails about all the snow back home and I am SOoo not wanting to go back home just yet. LOL!
Hey, Judy! Of course you can follow my blog! I'd love to follow yours as well, if that's all right. I love making new blog friends, and we already have something in common... we both love my mom! :)
Post a Comment