We drove 6 hours to sit for 3 hours in the Doctor's office at Huntsman. But it was interesting. The radiologist here said it was probably malignant unless proven other wise, and Huntman said Benign unless proven otherwise.........what a head rush! So Huntsman said to retest in 1 year. (what the heck) and they told us here to retest in 3 months. So that is what we will do. Cole had the day off so she met us there. It is so fun to see her. She is so stinkin cute.
Does anyone have any advise of adrenal glands that don't work anymore. I think that is what mine are doing. To tired to work. I feel exhausted from the inside out. Yes......adrenal exhaustion!
But I am so thankful for the 6 hours that we were able to just TALK. It is precious time for me. One of the things we talked about was how we all deal with cancer. Most people don't know what to say. (I am one of those people) Some say things that make your mouth hang open. I heard a rumor that someone told a cancer patient that they could have controlled it with diet. :{
This is some things I have learned about our experience:
1. A cancer patient is NEVER cancer free. Never! Maybe the doc says they are, but each and every day, they worry about reassurance.
2. It completely changes they way you think and live.
3. It proves that people are wonderful. We have been sooooooo blessed with love and support from sooooooo many people. I don't know what I have done to deserve such people in my life!
4. It either makes your heart mad or grateful, mine is grateful!
5. It is important to "Stay in the moment"
6. It has taught us empathy
7. I have learned so much about faith just watching my sweet husband's testimony grow about "HIS WILL"
8. I pulls families together
9. I have learned the after math of cancer surgery. The anxiety, sadness, physical problems, fear, and life altering challenges
10. That we live in 3 month incerments. And that our live revolves around test results.
11. That God lives and is aware of us. That my Savior has carried me through this. That He has sent angels into my life to help me through this. That His hands are the hands of our family, friends and ward members!
We carved pumpkins with Stacy and her friend Luke. It was super fun!
JP
Me

Luke and Stacy

JP ( the pumpkin says it all!)

Me




I really do like Halloween. It is hard not having little gobblins in my home......I guess I will just wait for the gradkids!
Uplifting Quotes
"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley
"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo
"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo
. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker
GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye
LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams
The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams
..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye
"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis
"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman
"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo
"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard
"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer
13 comments:
cute pictures with the pumpkins.. i LOVE halloween! jealous you got to see cole.. but sorry the apt with jerry didn't tell you more ;( that is kinda frustrating.. but glad he is doing okay right now.. what a battle.
... i'm so sorry i haven't come to get my stuff out of your shed/garage yet!! lame i know! but i'm in idaho falls for a few more weeks.. and then just boise after that.. so i'll arrange to come get it when you have a second and hopefully when cole is home visiting. sorry you've had to store it forever.. you really are my second mom ;) but i'm glad its there.. gives me an excuse to come see you at least! talk to you soon!
Whoooo Hoooo! At least the news was not bad. That is so good! THanks for sharing with us. That is a great list of lessons learned through all this.
Great pumpkins! You guys are sOoo funny! Love it.
HAve an AWESOME week!!!
I love pumpkin carving pictures! So fun. I'm glad you were able to spend so much time together talking with Cole, even though it wasn't exactly for the best reason. Hopefully you'll be able to get some clearer advice soon with everything!
loved this post but jp's pumpkin made me sad but such the truth eh! Ups and downs and so many thoughts eh! Thanks for the lessons/pointers on cancer it is so hard to know what to say sometimes! Guess we learn along the way. You are awesome hang in there your not alone thats for sure!! Cole is so cute love her coat! Great pictures looks like fun!
You are right! Cole is SO cute! That little red coat is to die for! :) Thank you SO much for taking pics of my kids today! I am so excited about them!!! You are the best! Just like Kate said... you are our 2nd mom! :) SURE LOVE YOU!!!!
Love the pumpkins! Your girls are both super cute.
Makes me want to carve some pumpkins... You are so positive! Amazing how you and your family have grown this past year.
It looks like you had a great time. JP'S pumpkin made me cry. Have a fun Halloween. Hopefully your holidays will be filled with love and laughter.
Pumpkin carving! How fun!! I love to do that!
I agree with you about the cancer free thing. You never know and live in fear that it will come back. But....it is all about what you do in the meantime. Do you sit there afraid to do anything, or get out there and live life to the fullest. Hec ya! Live it to the fullest!! Go carve some pumpkins!!
I love your list of lessons learned...
WHY AREN'T THEY BIOPSYIING?!? That is the ONLY way to tell.What's the harm in taking a snippet of it to see?
-Pray for inspiration on what to do and you will receive exact instruction. Be still and trusting....and wait. That's the hardest part. But the Lord's got your back. I figure that if someone was willing to go through what he went through, he can be trusted.
O Judy you are so sweet! You and Jerry are just the kindness most genuine people ever. I don't know why you have to keep going through these horrible trials it just breaks my heart. I love Jerry's pumpkin..he has every right to carve a pumpkin like that and I would too if i were him. You are so tough. Thank you for coming to see me today at the hospital that was so nice of you. Here you are going through your own hard times and you always have room in your heart for others. That meant so much to me. You guys are always there for me. There hasn't been a time I was in the hospital that you haven't come to see me or when I have my babies you have always been there. Love ya so much, take care!
Can't keep a good woman down! Keep carving away! Cute pics!
Love Ya
what fun! I haven't carved pumpkins forever! I'm am so sorry you've had such a hard year. Your family is very inspiring to others and what an example you've set! Always in my thoughts and prayers! Love you guys!
Post a Comment