CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Sunday, May 17, 2009




What an amazing Sacrament Meeting we had today. Elder Clark, The President of BYU Idaho
Spoke in our ward. He is a member of the Fifth Quorum of the Seventy. He only had 10 minutes, and I wish he could have taken the whole time, but what he said was so powerful.
The Scripture he used was D & C 29:4-5
Verily, I say unto you that ye are chosen out of the world to declare my gospel with the sound of rejoicing, as with the voice of a trump.
Lift up your hearts and be glad for I am in your midst, and am your advocate with the Father: and it is his good will to give you the kingdom.
He talked about the Lord being in our midst.
It was very powerful. Very comforting to me to hear that his is with us always.
He told a story about a couple that visited Temple Square. When they were there they filled out a card. The missionaries then made contact with them. A missionary called the name on the card and it said they were from South Dakota. This is the conversation:
Missionary: Is this Virginia?
Virginia: Yes?
Missionary: This is a missionary for the LDS Church and I was wondering how you enjoyed your visit to Temple Square?
Virginia: It was good.
Missionary: Would you like us to get you in contact with the missionaries in your area?
Virginia: Hang on......(gone awhile).....comes back on and says YES
Missionary: So is this Virginia______from South Dakota?
Virginia: No this is Virginia _________ from Houston Texas. It has been 10 years since we visited Temple Square and just last night we were talking about finding a religion to join and prayed that the right one would be made known.
He then talked about how the missionary had dialed the right number, but that the heavenly switchboard transferred the call. I had goose bumps. It was a short little talk but so powerful.
I then told Stacy that we needed to head up (after the meeting was over) to talk to the Bishop. I introduced myself as the Bishop's better half! LOL. He then said "Oh Hi Stacy!"
She works up at BUY. She helps with all the events, which means when the speakers come in, including the Prophet she gets to meet them and helps with the event. A wonderful job. Before her mission she was Standing there waiting for President Hinckley to come in....He walked around the corner, saw her standing there and smiled and said, "Your smiling!" She also had tears in her eyes. It was amazing.
So she gets to rub shoulders with Elder Clark and many other wonderful people. So glad she is back up there with her great job!
It was a great Sacrament Meeting! And a great sunny day!!!

6 comments:

Lynn

Oh wow! I got goosebumps on my arms. What an AWESOME story! Sounds like a very spiritual and uplifting day for you and your ward.

Thanks for sharing! I always love to read about what the brethren have to say when they visit with the wards and stakes.

Neal and Angie

That's amazing...I love Sunday's that are so uplifting. What a great gift to have Elder Clark visit!

Steph

Yeah, Stacy's job is awesome! Sounds like a great talk.

I'm definitely enjoying this warm weather, too.

Julia

That is awesome! I love hearing about things like this...
And can you imagine having Stacy's job? Wow! I worked in a Credit Union that was in a Deseret Book store and I found that uplifting...Imagine being around the Prophet and the rest. Talk about feeling the spirit ALL the time!!

Erin

It was a great meeting! Good luck with everything tommorrow, it is tommorrow right? I pray for your family every night!!

Amber

i'm sad i missed this!! thats amazing!

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge