CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Quite the Weekend!

We have had quite the weekend. I had not been feeling well. I had a really sore spot in my neck and ached all over. BAD! I waited for about 4 days and finally on Saturday morning I decided to go in to Community Care. I had a bad ear infection and a swollen lymph node in my neck. I felt horrible, but wasn't contagious, so I kept on going. We were blessed to be able to have dinner with Elder Paul V. Johnson, a member of the First Quorum of the Seventy. He attended our Stake Conference. They invited all the Bishops in our Stake. It was so much fun. He is so funny and has such a great sense of humor. He asked us to introduce ourselves to him and tell a story. I told him I couldn't think of a story, so President Bowan told the story about our house selling in Iona. He told Elder Johnson that he knows the Lord helps His Bishops get to the area that they are predestined to be the Bishop. We told him about our year and that we have chosen not to feel sorry for ourselves, but instead count our blessings. He spoke in both conference sessions, but the thing I remember most most is that he talked about having the light of Christ. He said that if we are in our homes at night and have the lights on, if we open up all the blinds on our windows, the darkness will not come in and dim the light. The only way it will is if we choose to turn off the light switch. He said that it is like our lives. We can have the light of Christ, and darkness cannot enter unless WE let it. We can make wrong choices or let trials dim the light, but it is our choice. He was so good.

Ryan and Syd have all their personal belongings in a U-Haul and are heading to Boise tomorrow. I am so sad, but I am happy for them. It will be good for them, to be able to see the world.
His friends Keegan and Derek helped him load the truck. I am so grateful because we haven't been much help to them.
Derek, Keegan and Ryan


Mary, Derek, Keegan, Ryan and Syd

My mom, oh my gosh, she is doing so good and my heart has been so full. They took our her drain in her head and she has NO IV bags. They moved her to the 5th floor today. They are still concerned about her eyesight and she will have to learn to walk (it affects her balance), but she is going good. She is such a miracle. Did I tell you that?

8 comments:

Sandy Layne

Sounds like you had a great Stake Conference. Such a shot in the arm to have a General Authority. Great message! I feel your pain. At least Ryan and Syd will be close enough you can drive a few hours to see them. Jon and Jayne have left for Maryland. It was so sad yesterday when they pulled away with my adorable grand baby. We thought our hearts were going to break. I just keep telling myself they are adults and they will get some of that thing called experience. People keep telling me its one more place for me to visit. I WANT THEM HERE!!!!! Selfish me! So glad your Mom is doing super good. Now you get some rest so you don't fall apart.

Unknown

Again, I'm glad your mom is doing so well! That is very exciting. So Ryan and Sydney are off to Boise. Everybody's just growing right up!

Lynn

WOW! Loved to hear about all the GOOD stuff that is coming your way (well...I guess having your kids move away is not so good.....but on the other hand....it may be. Like Sandy said....great experiences for them).

Thanks for sharing your visit with the General authority! Spiritual experiences like that always lift someone up. It does me.

Your mom is truly a MIRACLE! Love that!!

Lynn

P.S. Take some time for your self girl. Get back in the recliner and REST! ; ) Hope you are feeling better soon.

Carma

Happy to hear your mom is doing so well and that you had a great Stake Conference!

Morrows

What a great Stake Conference. I hope the best for Ryan and Syd. Boise isn't too far away! I am glad your mom is doing so well!

Missy

I'm so glad that your mom is doing so well, that's awesome. I hope you are feeling better too now!

Julia

It sounds like your Stake Conference was amazing! I wish we had more General Authorities come down to Vegas to visit. The original Sin City...
I'm sorry you haven't been feeling good. My sister had the same lump on her lymph too. She also had strep at the time and she said the lump hurt WAY more than the strep! Get well sister!
So happy your mom is up and moving! Like Lynn said, truly a miracle!!

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge