CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Thursday, September 3, 2009

:) WADAYA KNOW......OR THINK THURSDAY/ WE REALLY NEEDED THIS!~

MOTHER-IN-LAWS
So many times is my life have I heard things about Mother-in-Laws. Some good, some not so good. I think it is one of the most mis-understood relationships of all time. First of all, Does any mom think that ANY girl is good enough for her son? :) She will be, in a way, taking her place. Second of all, What wife doesn't think that she is her husband's # 1 WOMEN? :} Some times that can be a conflict.
I have been so blessed to have a great mother in law. When I was first married, I saw lots of situations with "Battles" between a MAN'S WIFE AND HIS MOTHER! I felt bad for them. I always wondered what my relationship would be and prayed that I would get one that loved me for who I am. One that would accept me as her own. When I was dating Jerry, I loved how he talked about his mom and treated her. I knew that he had a soft spot for her. I knew that if he treated me the way he treated his mom, that I would be ONE LUCKY GIRL.
Yesterday was her Birthday. We threw her a Birthday Party of all parties! It was so fun. We all so needed to get together with all the stuff that has happened in our family this year. I love this family. I feel very lucky to have them in my life. So fun to be around all the little "great grand babies!" We served Cafe Rio Burritos, chips and salsa, cake and ice cream. Every one pitched in to help with food. Thanks guys!

Anyway! Happy Birthday to my Mother in Law!!!!
WADAYA think about yours?

Grandma opening Presents



Check out this video! Priceless!




The cake

Grandma's Great Grand kids......playing! (Teresa's Grandkids)
The Whole Gang

I found these poems, and I think they are so cute

To His Mother"
Mother-in-law" they say, and yet,
Somehow I simply can't forget'
Twas you who watched his baby ways,
Who taught him his first hymn of praise,
Who smiled on him with loving pride,
When he first toddled by your side.
"Mother-in-law" but oh, 'twas you
Who taught him to be kind and true;
When he was tired, almost asleep,
'Twas to your arms he used to creep.
And when he bruised his tiny knee,
'Twas you who kissed it tenderly.
"Mother-in-law" they say,and yet,
Somehow I never shall forget
How much I owe To you,
who taught him how to grow.
You trained your son to look above;
You made of him the man I love.
And so I think of that today
When with thankful heart I'll say,
"Our Mother."

Our Mother
You are the Mother I received
the day I wed your son.
And I just want to thank you,
Mom for all the things you've done.
You have given me a gracious man
with whom I share my life.
You are his lovely mother and
I, his lucky wife.
You used to pat his little head
and now I hold his hand.
You raised in love a little boy
and gave to me a man


So.....I got the critic back for my first photo project. It is crazy. They email a personalized CD to you. They talk to you about all the photos, and it went REALLY WELL!!!! I was kinda nervous about it. You can look at the project HERE
We came up today to the cabin until Monday! Whooo Hooooo!
And some great news. My dad went to work today (he shuttles cars for Avis) and mom stayed home all by herself. She is doing so good. Shes a trouper!

6 comments:

Steph

That's nice that you have such a great relationship! Looks like an awesome party.

About the watch parties--I believe you get about 20% of the nights sales to go towards their products. Check out their blog for more info.

http://janglesjewelry.blogspot.com/

Lynn

LOL! Great cake!!!!

I love my mother in law! We have the same relationship that you do with yours. We are SO lucky, eh??

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your MIL!

Chelsi

That cake looks so yummy! It is such a blessing to have a good relationship with your mother-in-law. I wouldn't trade mine for anything. Have fun this weekend!!

Morrows

What a sweet post. I am glad you have such a wonderful I, like you, have been blessed with and incredible Mother-in-law. I am glad you had a great time partying with her.

Christal

what a fun party and your pictures just keep getting better and better I love them!! Love this post and your poems too!!

Unknown

That poem made me cry! That is so sweet. I'm glad you have such a good relationship with your mother-in-law. I can already tell that things will be great between Tyson's mom and I. They already are, and she's wonderful! Looks like the party was fun! Cafe Rio sure sounds good right now ha ha.

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge