I have been married to the man of my dreams for 29 years. We have had our ups and downs through the years, but it has been the best! We just got back from our trip.....
His Blueberries

The amazing Birds




Richard, Ernistine, Me and Jerry
Brett, Sandy, Shirley, Jim, Ernistine and Richard
Uncle Richard's Shop











Jp and Blaine. They have only met for a brief time, and yet they were like old friends. Virginia and I just laughed at these two.

And may I just say......That I had a wonderful time. We stayed 2 nights in Boise with the kids. Syd had to work, so Jp, Ryan and I went and saw some spa stores, went to a camera store (whoo hooo) to the mall, to an outlet mall, to lunch and then when Syd came home....to dinner and then watched Dirty Dancing.
Ryan and Lucy
We woke up early on Saturday and headed to the Tri-Cities. My dad's brother's family lives there. I have so many memories of my Aunt Ernistine. She is so fun and so loving. We went to their house. The oldest boy, Jim, has an organic farm. He took us in his hummer all over the farm to show us every thing. He raises blue berries and apples. He has birds that he trains to fly over the farm to keep out critters! It was sooooooooo amazing.
The amazing Birds
We then went to lunch at Applebees and we talked and laughed like we had never been apart. It has been yearrrrrrrs since I have seem some of them. Bret is my age and he came to IF last year and we had a bar-b-q. You can check it out HERE. I haven't seen Jim and Shirley since the early 90's. I love these people. An even though they live miles away, they are always in my heart!
Richard, Ernistine, Me and Jerry
We began our drive to the bed and breakfast with no knowledge of what was to come. We arrived at 7 and was so tired from the long drive that we just went to bed. We stayed in the Island Room Check it out Here It was Heavenly! On Sunday, We got ready for church and them Met Virginia. She is my cousin that I have not seen since 1981 at my Grandma Onita's Funeral. So fun to see her. At church, it was High-Council Sunday and he did a great job. After Sacrament Meeting, a guy came up and told JP that he enjoyed his talk!!!! The had on a matching jackets and kinda looked alike. He had several tell him he did good. We laughed. His (not JP) talk was so good. He talked about President Uchdorf's talk about the plane that went down in the Florida Everglades.
He begins by telling a story of a plane that crashed in the Florida Everglades about 36 years ago. The reason for the crash was that a light had failed to illuminate that would indicate whether or not the nose landing gear had extended successfully. In the process of investigating this light bulb, the pilots "became so preoccupied with their search that they failed to realize the plane was gradually descending closer and closer toward the dark swamp below...Everything was working properly- all except one thing: a single burned-out light-bulb...The malfunctioning light bulb didn't cause the accident; it happened because the crew placed its focus on something that seemed to matter at the moment while losing sight of what mattered most"
"The tendency to focus on the insignificant at the expense of the profound happens not only to pilots but to everyone...Our weakness is in failing to align our actions with our conscience"
"The tendency to focus on the insignificant at the expense of the profound happens not only to pilots but to everyone...Our weakness is in failing to align our actions with our conscience"
Are we focusing on things that are of importance?
Are we frantically running around worrying about things that are the things that will finally "bring us down"
His talk made me really thing about the little burned out light bulbs in my life. Do I worry and and let them take over my life, or do I focus on the "big problems and solutions"
The Bed and Breakfast
After Church, we went back to the Bed and Breakfast and ate with Blaine and Virginia. We sat down and talked (and ate) from 1:00 to 9:30 pm!!!!!! We had so many years to catch up. Jerry and Blaine are both Bishops and they hit if off. Such a precious day!
On Monday we got up and had the best breakfast ever! Stuffed Huckleberry french toast! And then went out on the lake. The water is so clear and beautiful. We went to lunch and then took off from there to drive to the cabin.
Jp and Blaine. They have only met for a brief time, and yet they were like old friends. Virginia and I just laughed at these two.
Blaine told us a story. I don't want to forget it!
A man was working out in his yard when a car drove up. The man in the car rolled down the window and asked, "We are moving from our old neighborhood and I was wondering how this neighborhood is?" The man in the yard said, "How was your old neighborhood?" The man in the car answered, "Oh! it was horrible. We had terrible neighbors and we all fought all the time. We have to get out of there!" The man in his yard said, "That's how this neighborhood is"
The next day the man was out working out in his yard when a car drove up. The man in the car rolled his window down and asked, "We are moving from our old neighborhood and I was wondering how this neighborhood is?" The man in the yard said, " How was your old neighborhood?" The man in the car said. "OH! it was wonderful. We had wonderful neighbors and we loved each other so much. We are going to miss it terribly!" The man in the yard said. "That's just how this neighborhood is!"
Need I explain? I LOVED this because it really hit home to me. I have learned soooooo much over the years and one huge lesson for me is.........Your happiness is really in YOUR HEART!!!!
Your family, neighborhood and ward is what YOU make it!!!!!!
I was so excited to go on our little get away, but came back so grateful for this blessing in my life. To be able to re-connect with family is priceless. Be be able to just set in the car for hours and talk was wonderful. Thanks to Blaine and Virgina for a wonderful time! Love you guys!
Made it back to the cabin to mow the lawn, then off to Huntsman where Jp will have his procedure done tomorrow.







11 comments:
WOW! What an AWESOME weekend you had! Love that story at the end you shared. And all the pics. My goodness.....what a GORGEOUS room! And oh my! The beauty of nature. Love it. I could read between the lines how much you love your extended family too. Way cool.
SO glad you got some time in with your son and daughter in law, as well.
You' re in my heart and prayers for tomorrow as JP goes back for another procedure. *sigh* Hard to take. Just know we're here for ya'! WE LOVE YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD! Can we come and live there too? LOL!
What an amazing get away! I'm so glad you got to go! Praying for dad! Sure love you guys!
What a fun getaway! Love all the pics you took. Sounds like you both enjoyed yourselves... you DESERVE it!! I'm hungry for that french toast ;)
Sounds like a wonderful getaway! I love all the pictures! I am glad you had a great time. Good luck with JP procedure. We will be thinking of you all.
I hope that Jerry's procedure goes well. I'm so glad that you were able to take a moment and breathe. What a beautiful and relaxing weekend to get away and forget for a while!
Wow! What an awesome trip! Glad you two are still happily married :0) Put your names in the temple today! Love ya!
Whay a great relaxing get away that you both so needed great post pics and story!!! Your in our prayers. Life eh full of joy, hurt, growth among everything else eh hang in there!!!
Wow! Looks like you guys had a great time. Hope you were able to RELAX! Thinking about Jerry today - hope he feels better quick. Love ya!
What a fantastic trip!! I'm so jealous. Your room looked so relaxing. And I love being able to see family that you haven't seen in years. What a great feeling!
Looks like you had a great time. Good luck at Huntsman our prayer are with you.
SO fun!! You look like you had a blast!! I love that you watched Dirty Dancing...that's the best!
Post a Comment