CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Friday, September 25, 2009

Nuvi

When we were in Boise, Ryan was telling JP about his new GPS. It is great for him to get around Boise. When we left Boise, we stopped in La Grande, Oregon at Walmart and bought a GPS. It is a Garmin Nuvi....thus the name Nuvi. She is amazing. She tells you exactally when and where to turn, and if you miss the tryn, Nuvi tells you that she will re-direct your route! Now, I thought that it would be great to put in the address and it tells you how to get there. Not only does it tell you how to get there, it tells you the estimated time of arrival. That isn't supposed to matter right? Wrong. Now we are on some kind of a TIME SCHEDULE! No matter where we are headed, we punch in the address and up pops the ETOA! That means no potty stops, no stops for pictures or to stretch the legs! It's a man's dream!!!!! And now the conversationn in the car is between (the man) and Nuvi! It is actully quite amazing.




I just want to give you the up date from the procedure. It all went well. Just dang sore. Hopefully that will be the last one!
As for Grey's Anatomy........George? I will miss him on the show! He was my fav. I thought it really depicted life right on.....especailly the end. It really hit close to home for me. Here is the end of the show, (the naration) and I thought is was so good.
Lexie: [narrating] Grief may be a thing we all have in common, but it looks different on everyone.
Mark: It isn't just death we have to grieve. It's life. It's loss. It's change.
Alex: And when we wonder why it has to suck so much sometimes, has to hurt so bad. The thing we gotta try to remember is that it can turn on a dime.

Izzie: That's how you stay alive. When it hurts so much you can't breathe, that's how you survive.

Derek: By remembering that one day, somehow, impossibly, you won't feel this way. It won't hurt this much.

Bailey: Grief comes in its own time for everyone, in its own way.
Owen: So the best we can do, the best anyone can do, is try for honesty.
Meredith: The really crappy thing, the very worst part of grief is that you can't control it.
Arizona: The best we can do is try to let ourselves feel it when it comes.
Callie: And let it go when we can.
Meredith: The very worst part is that the minute you think you're past it, it starts all over again.
Cristina: And always, every time, it takes your breath away.
Meredith: There are five stages of grief. They look different on all of us, but there are always five.
Alex: Denial.
Derek: Anger.
Bailey: Bargaining.
Lexie: Depression.
Richard: Acceptance.

Meredith (narrating): The dictionary defines grief as keen mental suffering or distress over affliction or loss; sharp sorrow; painful regret. As surgeons, as scientists, we're taught to learn from and rely on books, on definitions, on definitives. But in life, strict definitions rarely apply. In life, grief can look like a lot of things that bear little resemblance to sharp sorrow.

5 comments:

Lynn

Hmmmmm........I just might have to check out this GPS. Sounds amazing!

Steph

I love the pics from your trip.

Before this year, the farthest I'd ever driven was Pocatello! Ha ha! Pathetic, I know. But I took Eden on a little overnight trip down to Salt Lake and borrowed my grandma's GPS and it was FANTASTIC! It truly was a life saver! I want one, too. I felt so empowered and independent! :D

Lott's of Love

We love our Garmin! Don't know how we ever traveled without out. "Bertha" keeps us on the right route and she has such a kind and soothing voice!

Chelsi

I wouldn't make it without our GPS. I used it a ton when we first moved to UT, but I'm starting to get things figured out finally. I had to skip over the Grey's Anatomy part... I missed it this week so I need to get caught up on the internet. LOVE that show!

Morrows

We love our GPS. Taylor wouldn't survive working without it!!

I loved that episode of Greys...I bawled. All of it is so true. Grief is such a hard thing to deal with but we all deal with it differently.

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge