CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Monday, September 7, 2009

:0 Sweet Memory Monday

We have had a great time at the cabin. Jp and Rock have fished and golfed. Joyce and I have sat in the cabin and made watch bead bracelets and worked on our computers. The guys said they might as well have a cabin in Ammon, cause we wouldn't even know where it is cause we never go outside. But it is so fun having a friend that likes to do the same things I do.


I know that I have posted pics of QVC before, but I came across these. Lisa Bearnson took us there and paid for out flight and hotel. We had a blast. We had several days to sight see.

We were on QVC


Us with Loretta Lynn
Us with Rocco

Amish CountryAmish School


Amish Country
Liberty Bell



Valley Forge We have had a blast at the cabin. Love the R's!!!! Joyce and I made these watches. So fun








Ate Rock's yummy peach pie!

Made Granola


Homemade Granola
8 cups rolled oats
6 cups cereal (corn flakes, rice crispies ect......)
1 cup wheat germ
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup whole bran
1/2 cup oat bran
1 cup powdered milk
1 cup honey melted in 1 cup hot water
3/4 cup canola or salflower oil
3 tsp vanilla
Add coconut, almonds sunflower seeds...ect......
1/2 cup brown sugar-optional
mix all together and bake 250 for 1 hour. Stir after 30 minutes.
Ok.....something funny. I am a PC girl. Just because that is what I have always used. Joyce got a new MAC and she was having problems getting the printer to work. She asked me to look at the installation guide. I picked it up, looked at the Spanish section and said "Sorry, I don't speak MAC"! Heeee Heee. That's one way to get out of helping her. LOL

6 comments:

Chelsi

So fun! It is always fun to have friends with the same interests... So crafty and cute! Love the watch bands. I'm hoping to try and make one after the baby projects are done ;)

Steph

Wow! You guys were certainly busy! Check out all those watch bands! I want to try making homemade granola. Yummy. I hope Joyce ends up liking her mac. I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine! :)

Lynn

LOL!!! You are SO funny! I have NEVER had a PC computer. I haven't a clue how to run one. ( I better learn quick....if I am to have our new Provident Living Center up and running by Oct. 1st....PC computers is all the Stake Pres. wants to buy. : (
I am a MAC girl! But don't ask me to explain hooking up a printer....I have my tech guy to do that.

I just had a virtual party for watches just like the ones you made! HOW fun! I need to learn how to make those. They look fabulous!

I am glad you scrapbook.....look at all those cool places and famous people you have met. Awesome history!

Thanks for the recipe for the granola! I am going to have to do that one.

Morrows

How fun! Look at all those cute watchbands! That's quite the collection. Nice job. I don't speak MAC either!

Bekah

Jealous! That is so great that you can escape and have some time away from the crazy life. Hope everything else is good. I am swamped with school and my cute kids. Love ya!

Julia

Ha Ha! Totally laughed out loud at you not knowing "Mac"! I have a Mac and a PC but seriously, I have no idea how to use the Mac. It just sits there while I use my trusty ole PC!
Wow, I love all the pictures of you guys in the Amish Country. And how fun that you know Lisa Bearnson. I used to love getting Creating Keepsakes Magazine!!
You're so famous....can I have an autograph!!? (Maybe your little stint on QVC is why you look familiar to me!! LOL!)
Thanks for the recipe for the granola, gonna have to try that for scout camp and girls camp! But I really NEED the recipe for that PIE!!! Seriously a NEED thing!!

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge