The smells
The colors
Gathering food for the winter
The crisp temperature
Hot soup
Warmer clothes
Preparing for winter
Harvest
Warm (not hot) days and cool evenings
Stacy's Birthday (Saturday:)
Halloween and Thanksgiving
Crunchy leaves
The Fair
Corn on the cob
General Conference
Yesterday I went up to my brother's corn patch.....boy does that boy know how to plant and produce corn. It is the white and yellow stuff and it is called candy corn. It is delicious. I went and picked a bunch to freeze. I did around 60 bags. Then ate the rest :}} (note the double chin)
Yum!!!!!
I have such wonderful memories of doing corn. My Grandma Denning would come help my mom and she had this paring knife that I can still remember her sitting there, cutting that corn. She was amazing. (I use an electric knife) I think if she were alive, she could still beat me with her little knife. Then ,when I got married, my mom helped me every year. It is such a great feeling to know that it is tucked away in my freezer. YUM!
A Favorite thing: If you look at the corn in my car.....in the Sams club bags. They are the greatest. I have a stack of them, and use them for EVERYTHING. They are around 2-3 dollars for 2 of them. They will hold cement, I swear. I load my cabin stuff in them, 4 dozen ears of corn, scrappin' stuff, just what ever! They are huge and strong! Just thought I would share that.
Don't forget to leave a comment for the Angel Moroni Picture drawing in a few days. (Picture a few posts down)







12 comments:
I agree I love fall. I love to decorate my house with the fall colors.
Fall IS the best time of the year!! I would have to add football to the list...and I agree with everything else. My mouth was watering looking at the pictures of corn. Yum!!
Oooh, I love corn on the cob and I love fall too. It's a little sad when summer is over, but I do love the fall. I wish I was as ambitious as you and had all that corn in my freezer!
Yumm!!!! I LOVE that kind of corn......only around here it's called "peaches and cream" corn. It's our families favorite SO juicy and so tender.
Now I have this craving to go and find a corn vender on the corner and get some for supper!
Oh that corn looks SO delicious! I love fresh corn! My brother in law bbq's them. I wish that I had a brother that grew some good stuff like corn. Mmmmmmm.....
That is DEF. the best way to eat corn! YUM!!!!! I love fall too! :) PS How are your hives?!
Way to go on the corn! We did 125 bags last week - lots of work but so yummy! Have you been to the fair yet?
amen to fall! corn is on my list of things to do... i heard some people in the ward have some, i'll have to do some investigating.
I have a love hate relationship with fall. I love almost everything about it, except for the fact that it also means the beginning of winter!
Love all that corn!
I LOVE the fall too! Amber and I have always loved the fall. And not just because we have a birthday in October ha ha. (Well maybe just a little!) :)
i love this post!!! love fall 2 everything about it!!! great corn pics!
I too LOVE fall! Love your new blog layout by the way! Also love the fact that you froze 60 bags of corn- Yay For You!!!!! It looks really yummy! Also thanks for the granola recipe. I can't wait to try it! Oh- and if I haven't entered already (and it's not too late)- enter me into your giveaway!! I just love that picture you took- awesome job! :0)
Post a Comment