Labor Day Weekend.....Is it a long weekend to Labor or not to Labor. The big question. I love the years that we choose not to Labor! :} And this is one of them. Stacy went to Utah to see a friend and her SISTA! Ryan and Syd are in Boise. The R's came up last night and we went to this:
The Playmill in West Yellowstone, Montana!

FOOTLOOSE! It was so fun. I have always loved the movie. It is one of my all time faves. Here are some of my favorite parts (FROM THE MOVIE)
Watch This Movie clip HERE
Ren: You like Men At Work?
Willard: what men?
Ren: Men at work.
Willard: well where do they work?
Ren: No, they're a music group.
Willard: well what do they call themselves?
Ren: Oh no! What about the Police?
Willard: What about 'em?
Ren: You ever heard them?
Willard: No, but I seen them.
Ren: Where, in concert?
Willard: No, behind you.
Ren: [to Willard] Hey, I like that hat, man. They sell men's clothes where you got that?
Reverend Shaw Moore: If we do not learn how to trust our children, how will they ever become trust-worthy?
Ren: [addressing the town council, reading from his notes in the Bible] "From the oldest of times, people danced for a number of reasons. They danced in prayer... or so that their crops would be plentiful... or so their hunt would be good. And they danced to stay physically fit... and show their community spirit. And they danced to celebrate." And that is the dancing we're talking about. Aren't we told in Psalm 149 "Praise ye the Lord. Sing unto the Lord a new song. Let them praise His name in the dance"? And it was King David - King David, who we read about in Samuel - and what did David do? What did David do? [paging frantically through Bible]
Ren: What *did* David do? [audience laughs]
Ren: "David danced before the Lord with all his might... leaping and dancing before the Lord." [smacks table in front of Reverend Moore]
Ren: *Leaping* and *dancing*. [stands up straight]
Ren: Ecclesiastes assures us... that there is a time for every purpose under heaven. A time to laugh... and a time to weep. A time to mourn... and there is a time to dance. And there was a time for this law, but not anymore. See, this is our time to dance. It is our way of celebrating life. It's the way it was in the beginning. It's the way it's always been. It's the way it should be now.
I am playing some catch up on some stuff here at the cabin. I am scanning in my negatives. It is a slow process, but my printer has an attachment to do it, so as I sit around......scan scan scan. It will be so fun to have them digital.
I am organizing my pics and burning them onto a CD. I love to stay in my jammies and play with electronics! I LOVE ELECTRONICS!
Went on a photo shoot for project # 2. Working on some Relief Society Stuff. Just hanging out with JP, the R's and Jaxon!!!!







4 comments:
Sounds like super, duper fun!! I need a cabin to go relax in. Things are crazy busy here since school started. We're going down to Cali for Labor Day to visit with my family. I hope it'll be fun. Should be since all my sista's are going to be there! Have fun yourself!
We didn't make it to the Playmill this year. :( Hope you had a great time. Sounds fun!
That's so fun! I love Footloose! Glad you guys had a great time!
I loved Footloose as well. However, I am SO old now, I don't hardly remember what it's about. I need to watch it a second time (yup....I said a second time.....it's so rare I watch a movie more than once. LOL!)
Continue to enjoy your stay at the cabin! Happy Long weekend!
Post a Comment