CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Friday, September 5, 2008

What We Take With Us When We Die

This week I have been thinking about what is REALLY important. My life has changed so much. All I ever wanted to be when I grew up was a MOM.

On Sunday, my mom called me and told me that Brett and Sandy were coming from Washington to bring their son to BUY-I. He is my cousin and we are the same age.


Buzz (Bretts Friend) Me and Brett in 1978



That summer Laurie and I went to stay with them for a week and flew home. It was my first time in a plane.


Brett's Dad and my Dad are brothers. Ernestine is Brett's mom and she is such an amazing person. She is one of those people that you actually cry when she leaves.


Brett and his Mom! So....anyway, he was coming here and wanted to get together with as many aunts, uncles and cousins as he could. We planned a party at my house. It was AWESOME!


I just loved having us all together. Things change, and they won't always be here. It was priceless to me! I know these people love me! I know that this is the ONLY thing I will have after this life. My Family. Nothing else matters. (It's all fun stuff, but it really doesn't matter)


(Oh, I do hope I can take my computer with me when I die, I am addicted to blogging!)

Brett, Uncle Jack, Aunt Kay, Mom, Dad, Aunt Mary and Aunt Carolyn.Brian, (my big brother) Brett and SandyMe and Uncle Don. He has always called me "Heavy Duty Judy" I was a chubby baby and it stuck. It was reallllly funny when I was skinny!!!!!! Through the years he has shortened it to "HEAVY"Judy and Brett-2008


I hope in our Eternal Happy Kingdom, that we can all be neighbors. We don't see each other very much. Yesterday Uncle Don called to thank me for everything and he said that the food was good. I said," With the Lott Family, you can always count on good food" He said, " maybe that is why you are "HEAVY"! Not so funny! He is such a big tease and I know if he didn't tease me it means he doesn't like me! (BUT HEAVY?)

I love the pictures I got. I am grateful for my Lott heritage. I am grateful that my (how many ever) great grandpa joined the church when he was approached. He and Joseph Smith were very good friends. He was one of the only men Joseph couldn't beat when they wrestled.

Last night we went to the fair. The concert:



Poison! Wow! Was it loud. It was so fun to watch all the old people get up and leave. We stuck it out, until the clapp-back. My ears are still ringing this morning. It was actually better than I thought. This song playing is one of theirs.

I LOVE these potato chip thingys!Joyce and I

My Goal: To REALLY evaluate what is important and what we can actually take with us when we die!

Don't forget to comment for the give-away!

4 comments:

Natalie♥

Looks like you are having fun Judy! Love ya Nat

Lynn

Oh my goodness.......those good looking genes in your family run rampant! What a great bunch of good looking middle aged people. Seriously!

Loved the high school shot of you. Are you just the cutie pa-tutie?! : D

You are so much fun Judy! I can't believe you stayed to listen to a POISON concert. So fun. That food looks awesome. What a fun post! Thanks for sharing.

Sandy Layne

Nobody has more fun than you Judy!!!!! Thanks for posting your get-together. I've never met Brett and Sandy. He looks like a really good guy. This summer when I was working on the Layne reunion I had to e-mail a cousin of Rays (Joni Gibbons) about some info I needed. She lives in the same area as the Lott's in Washington and I asked her if she knew any. She said Brett and Sandy are some of their favorite people in all the world. They love them. What a great endorsement!!! Makes me want to meet the family I've lost track. Hmmmmmm - maybe a reunion? Maybe, if I could ever recuperate from the one we just did. It was a killer diller but way worth it. I too love our Lott heritage. My goal this winter is to gather all I can on that line - Geneology and histories. Well, keep on having fun I love your blog.
Luv U 4 ever,
Sandy

Bobbi

I am just loving that you guys went to Poison the other night! Too funny, (crazy), but funny! :)

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge