Stacy came home for her Birthday. First one in 3 years.Yea! It was a great weekend. She had a SWEET Birthday. Gifts she got:
1. George Forman Grill
2. New Undies
3. Sweat Pants and shirt from Ryan and Syd
4. Fossil watch from Nicole
5. Jewelry box from Ryan N.
6. Children's art book from Chris
7. clothes
8. money
GREAT DAY!
The hard part of the day was that hurricane Ike hit her "BELOVED TEXAS." It actually hit her mission. She had on guy call and tell her he was going to ride it out. She was really worried. He is a new convert. It was really difficult for her to watch the news. She worried about her little branch and all the wonderful people of Houston. Alot of the converts live in little trailers. She has been contacted by some of them, just keep the victims of Ike in your prayers. Makes us understand the importance of emergency kits.
I love having us all together again. I guess the good thing about them moving away is that you appreciate the time you have together. It is such a great experience for them. So many blessings. I now have a place to stay when I go to Provo! They can fight over which bed I get!!!
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Uplifting Quotes
"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley
"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo
"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo
. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker
GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye
LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams
The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams
..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye
"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis
"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman
"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo
"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard
"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer
"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo
"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo
. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker
GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye
LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams
The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams
..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye
"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis
"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman
"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo
"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard
"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer
Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun







6 comments:
hey you! did you get the flower punch? I left it on your seat in R.S....but someone brought it back to me and said that they last saw me with it. I found your hubby after church and I figured he'd see you sometime that day! :)
THANKS so much for letting me use all of that great stuff! The girls LOVED it. SO glad that you had fun visiting with your kids. :) I bet the time has just flown.
It sounds like Stacy had a great birthday! I talked to her a little bit through texting on her birthday, she sounds like she's doing well. I can't wait to get together with that girl and the Kite's! And thanks for the award, how fun!! I've been really bad about checking blogs lately. I hope you guys are doing well and the wedding plans are coming along!
Oh how fun! Those are some awesome gifts! I have been looking at some Fossil watches a lot lately.
I am so sorry that "her people" have been going through SO much down there in Texas. I hope you will update us and let us know how they are all doing now.
You are certainly correct about being prepared with our 72 hr kits. I don't think I would be brave enough to ride it out. I would get my kids out of here as fast as I could. My biggest fear, is them being at all three different schools and I would have to choose which school to drive to first to go find them.
I guess Faith is something that would really have to come into play in such cases. I bet the good people of Texas are learning a lot about faith!
sounds like mae had a great birthday!! so glad you guys got to spend it with her.. cole told me how excited she was to be home for her birthday since she hasn't been the last 2 years!! and about dinner when you come down.. you better call me.. or i'll be furious! love ya
by the way.. so sorry to hear about the hurricane in texas.. those people are her family! we are so blessed to live where we live! we'll keep those people in our prayers for sure
I'm so glad you got to see your girls! I hope stac had a great birthday. I was wondering if it had hit her mission or not...I can only imagine how worried she's been. I'll be praying for them!
Post a Comment