CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Thursday, August 13, 2009

:) WADAYA Know.....or think Thursday

I've really been in a blog rut. Actually I have been in a rut. I took off on my crazy flight of life 1 year ago, as I prepared for a 50th and a wedding, Christmas and then 2009. I think this week I am crash landing, and landin' hard. It is so hard to pick up life as it was, when it will never be "as it was!"
I have such a hard time not "thinking"about all the STUFF, and then falling apart inside.......like jello. So...... I CLEAN. Clean out drawers, clean windows, vacuum under furniture, scrub till my hands are sore. Pick raspberries, freeze, cut apples, dry! I get in the middle so something and add something else to my list. Mock 90. Do not slow down, Do not fall apart! (The pictures are mixed up and won't let me move them around) :{
We had enrichment last night and of Course, Janna and Cindy pulled it off. We were able to just sit and eat and visit. So nice. We ate veggie sandwiches and watermelon.
The decorations were so adorable as usual.

Did some flash freezing of some raspberries. Love these cause then they freeze whole so they are so good in salads and on GERMAN PANCAKES!
Then, feeling guilty cause of all the apples on the ground, so cut them up and dried them. Only 5000 bizillion left to go.
Then today, I made this cute "together" plaque for a friend for her bridal shower. I bought the frame, cut the vinyl, and edited and printed the pics. So stinkin cute.













I have been thinking so much about VALIDATION lately. We live in a world that we are surrounded by Validation. A while ago, we went to Gateway mall in SLC. When you go in the parking garage, you are given a ticket. In order to not pay money when you leave, you have to purchase something and have your ticket VALIDATED. It is proof to the {ticket man} that you could park there for free, or at a reduced rate.

We are sent to earth to earn our VALIDATION. To live worthy to return to our Heavenly Home. We want VALIDATION from our Savior and our Heavenly Father. One way to earn our VALIDATION is to learn more of them.

Neal A. Maxwell said; The validation of our worth really comes from knowing who we are, not solely from what we do. Jesus’ searching words remain: “What manner of men [and women] ought ye to be? Verily I say unto you, even as I am”

But VALIDATION is such an ugly earth word. We want and need validation on a daily basis. We want to be validated for our daily chores, service, friendships, relationships and the list can go on forever. I know I have told you about my BFF Janatte. She died suddenly when I was 15. We were in a fight and I had hung up on her. I never got another chance to talk to her. I have spent my life looking for validation. That I am ok. That I am loved no matter what my actions were. I have sought for that validation though friends, family and the world. In high school, having lots of friends made me feel better. If I get tons of comments, then I feel loved and validated. But it is empty if I don't love and validate myself. It is nothing if I don't know who I am, and am happy with ME! I have been working on this forver. I think I have come along way, but this year has given me some set backs. I am working hard on feeling loved and validated through my trials. I am working on validating the love I have for myself. I am learning that I can be happy by my self. Doing things I love to do.

I LOVE my friends and family and I am grateful for their VALIDATION throughout my life. I am also grateful for loving parents and Heavenly Parents who love and validate me. But mostly I am grateful that I have a chance to show my VALIDATION, to be able to return HOME someday! :}

6 comments:

Lynn

Oh wow Judy! Mock 90 isn't even close! Slow down a little....I don't want you to have a heart attack....you'd end up in the hospital and then I'd miss your posts. ; D It's a good thing there's enrichment nights so we can sit for awhile and relax. Looks like it was a fabulous night.

How do you flash freeze something?? Never heard of it. Sounds intriguing! Inquiring minds want to know.

Now about that Validation thing......very deep.....on SOoo many levels.. Loved it!!! IT's SO true! I think we all can relate to this one. I loved how you wrote what you were thinking. I am really sorry about your best friend. I hope you already know....that you WILL see her again someday.....and you know something?? I have a feeling that she doesn't even think about that day that is still caught up in your mind. She will take one look at you.....run to you and give you a big old hug like it was yesterday. : D

hugs!

Vanessa

hey you! LOVE the road trip...I think i'm getting photoshop for my birthday- i'll have to pick your brain! I'll have to show you some pretty fun couple spots...we went picture place hunting and found some great ones! you'd love the texture. we should start a photography club...just to dink around with people who love it! :) LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog! :)

Hepworth Family

Judy,
I understand about staying busy so that you don't have to think or sometimes feel the hurt. I know that you have so much that you have been dealing with. I hope that this year is one that will be reflected upon often in the future. And that you will see the many mini miracles and tender mercies along the way.

I admire you and want you to know what a trooper you and your family are. I think about you often and look for updates on how everyone is doing. I love being uplifted by your quotes and insight on many things. I hope that life continues to get better. That in the end "All is well, All is well."
Take Care!
~Britt~

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett

I tend to cope the same way, go 100 miles and you won't have to think , feel, cry. etc. Hang in there! There is a rainbow at the end of the storm. Love ya!

Sara

loved reading your thoughts, you have a great way with words! be sure to take time for yourself though girl, you are always so busy tending to others and it's easy to lose yourself:)

so sad i missed the activity- it looked so great! we were grabbing a boat that night to take the kids out water skiing the next day... it's a juggling act this summer with family activities. we'll be gone the next two weekends again, i'm grateful for the opportunities to make memories with our kids, but a little part of me will be happy when summer is over and we can just settle back into our home and not live out of duffle bags!

thinking of you:)

Sandy Layne

Don't you think its o.k. if you have a crash landing after what you've been through? Let down a little girl and have some good cries. I think you're a little shell shocked.
I've thought a lot about feeling worthy. Isn't it sad so much of our self-esteem is caught up in how much we accomplish and what goes in our mouths? We are loved period, the end, because we are His daughters. We are enough as we are. Its a come as you are deal. Now the trick is getting our minds and hearts to believe and know it is true. Thanks for sharing. Love You

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge