CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Monday, August 17, 2009

:) Sweet Memory Monday

First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAZ!
Back in 1987, we had a hammock hanging from our patio. The girls loved to get in it. I have so many memories of them playing out there.

As I look at these pictures, it is hard to tell them apart. Stacy was almost 2 and Cole was 4 1/2. I would love to go back to these days......Today they are just as fun!











JP is gone, so we are having a girls day! Got up, picked raspberries, made German Pancakes and Buttermilk Syrup.








Went to The movie.......The Time Travelers Wife.....Um.....if you think your life and trials are bad, watch this show and you will be grateful that you don't travel in time, uncontrollably......naked! (Also a few bare butts in the movie. Not sure how you feel about that.) The show was different. Not so sure how I feel about it. Kind of a sad, depressing and hard to follow movie. (for me) But the popcorn was dang good!

Then went to my fav.....Cafe Rio! LOVE IT!

We went after that and picked out some beads. We made these! Adorable!

It is so fun to be together. We had big plans to go somewhere BIG. Yea right! It is to hard to work around everyone's schedule.

I am so grateful that I have these girls in my life. With growing up with no sisters, I felt I really missed out. I am so making up for lost time. They are so fun and we have a blast when we get together!

9 comments:

Lynn

That is SOooo cool! The "then" and "now" pictures of the girls in the hammock.

My hairdresser told me about that movie. I wondered if anyone else had seen it. I watched the movie trailer and thought it would seem really good. Now I will consider your comments on it. Thanks for sharing!

What are german pancakes? Are you willing to share the recipe??

And that watch!!!! How cool is that? Is this a new thing in the states? It seems that all the LDS women are making these. I can't seem to find the products needed to make one here. I just signed me up for a virtual party on a blog, so that I could earn myself one of those watches. They are so neat! Love the one you made.

Holly

LOVE the pics of the girls in the hammock, I see a scrapbook page coming! :)

Sounds like you guys are having fun! Yum! WE LOVE german pancakes, it's Brooklyn's favorite breakfast!

Cute watch too, they are addicting to make though.... watch out. :)

Steph

Oh, don't you LOVE LOVE LOVE buttermilk syrup? It's my fav! These pictures in the hammock are too cute! I'm glad you got to have a fun girls day. I've been wanting to see that movie. It's nice to hear a little about it first. I love your watch. So cute! I'm having one of my aunts' watch parties on Sept 1 if you want to come.

Celeste

You should share recipes...it looks so yummy!

Chelsi

So fun! I really want to see the movie. We had a girl's night planned Friday night and it was SOLD OUT!! Really messed up our plans... I'll have to let you know what I think.

Sandy Layne

Wow, you are so productive when you get together! What a cute watch. Those pictures are fun. I felt the same way about the The Time Travelers Wife - what a dumb movie - dark dreary and depressing and why did he have to travel without clothes. He could have traveled with close just as well.

Christal

How fun love the pictures at the top it is hard to tell them apart! What a fun girls night out! You have the best family! I love swedish {german} whatever pancakes we had them growing up all the time with honey butter but yours looks so yummy!!
Cool watch too you talented girl you!! thanks for sharing nice to see some joy and forget about the pain at least for a little while eh! cute post! ttys

Julia

Wow! I have been out of the blogging world for WAY too long. I've missed tons of posts!!
I love the pics of your daughters when they were little and now! That is so cute and very creative to do. And the watches are adorable. I really wanted to see that movie too. My daughter saw and said she cried several times. I don't think she mentioned the nudity. I don't think she even raved about it so I had kind of decided that I wouldn't go see it yet. I'm planning on going to see Julie/Julia next week.
Please tell your Mom that I said Happy Birthday. I missed it totally so I guess an email wouldn't do much for her. She looked so cute in her hat and blanket!! Very comfortable and fun.
I loved your post about validation. I feel the same way as you do sometimes. But I'm learning...
The kids are going back to school on Monday so MAYBE I can have a little bit more alone time to get back in touch with blogging. I miss you guys...LOL! (9 kids at home is a little bit distracting!)

Sara

those hammock pictures are priceless:) you are a very cool mom... your girls are lucky... and now you've made me hungry! i've been so worried for addison not having a sister because i grew up with so many and can't imagine life without them... but i guess it will make our mother daughter relationship even stronger!

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge