It is pretty pathetic when you walk in to the cafeteria at the hospital and some one says, "What are you doing back here?" That happened Yesterday. I picked up dad at 6:30 to take him to the hospital to get his procedure on his lip. OUCH! It all went well and the pre-cancer cells removed. I guess I have spent way to much time at that hospital. The lady at the cafeteria tried to give me the employee discount. LOL. Any way, I loved being able to go with my dad. He came back from the surgery and said, "Well. lets go!" and the nurse said, "you have to drink something, and we have to get 2 blood pressure readings." He said, " bring me a diet pepsi and my clothes." When the 2nd blood pressure cuff was finished, he was dressed and out the door. So funny. He is such an amazing dad. I am so blessed to have him in my life. Ingrid went and stayed with mom. She is doing good also.
I have been thinking lots about stuff. There are so many things I wish I could change. I thought maybe if I jotted a few thing down it might feel better:
Things I cannot change:
That my kids are grownup
The economy
Cancer
That my MIL is alone
That Ryan and Syd moved to Boise
Jelousy
My fear of being alone
HIS will
That I have hives
Other People's pain
My kid's destiny's
My anxiety
Other people's choices
Cultures
That I don't have a career
That all my kids live in a different city
Critical and judgemental people
That my kids are happy
How people feel about me
Road Rage
The busy-ness of the world
That these are the Last Days
That I would rather create something than clean my house
That I never had a sister
Change
My Trials and 2009
What goes on in the news
MY DESTINY
Things I can change
My faith in Christ
My acceptance for other's cultures
My footprint on the earth
My Testimony
My inner peace - I love Christal's post about symptoms of Inner Peace Click here
My love for being alone (that's huge for me}
That I can accept HIS Will
Other's joy through service
My ability to learn new things....Like why is Aperture numbers backwards?
My season in life and finding joy in it
How I feel about myself
To put myself in others shoes...don't judge or criticize
The understanding of the power of satan
To find good in others
To accept my talents (or lack of)
To strengthen my relationship with my Heavenly Father and my own family
The gratitude I have for my trials and what I have learned
What goes on in my heart
That I can pray daily for my kids
How many times I laugh each day (I laugh alot)
How busy I am.....To never be to busy for a friend or family
THE ACCEPTANCE OF MY DESTINY







6 comments:
Oh my goodness! You guys are back there again?? No wonder you were offered a staff discount. Too funny..
Not funny you were back again. So sorry to hear that! Hope all goes well with the test results!
I think it's hilarious that you were offered the employee discount!! Too funny! Hope your Dad is well! There's too much cancer going on around the world.
I think I need to make a list like the one you did and concentrate on the things I CAN change. Great for pondering. And realizing all the blessing we have.
Love ya!
Ha ha I can't believe they offered you the employee discount in the cafeteria! You really do live at that hospital. I'm glad things went well with your dad. Your family is wonderful! :)
When I saw the photo of EIRMC on your post I thought, "On no!!" At least it was just for a few hours...and hope your dad is feeling better. Your mom looks great...and I hope she is feeling better every day. I can think of a lot of places I would LOVE to get a discount...and a hospital cafeteria is NOT one of those places...would rather just not "shop" there in the first place. :)
I too LOVED Christal's post about inner peace! AWESOME! It was so fun visiting with you and Cole yesterday! I didn't get home until 5 from shopping, and then Braxton had had it with me! :) Sorry I didn't get to come over... lets do it next week! :) LOVE YA!
seriously ! that is funny but not really eh! You are amazing I love this post too its so true there are some things we can change but some are just what they are. You are the best!
Post a Comment