Today was a huge milestone for a dear friend of mine, Mary. She was diagnosed with cancer one year ago and today was her last day of Chemo!!!! Whoo Hoooo. Her daughter called me a few days ago to invite me to a surprise party for her when she returned from her treatment. It was at 4:00. As we all waited for her (and there was lots of loved ones) I thought back of my life and how I am so blessed to have her in it. She has been such an amazing friend, and she has always been there for me. I felt honored to be there. To be a huge part of her life. To be one that has somehow helped her through this journey, the past 12 months. We have always been good friends, but it seems we have grown closer together through this. She always seems to be worried about me and my life, even through all of this. When she walked in today, she asked me how my hives are.
I love this girl. I know that she was placed in my life for a reason. I CAN'T imagine going through my life without her. She helped me through high-school and still is there today!
When she arrived they had a pink ribbon across the room, and she got to bust through it. Such a wonderful milestone for her.



It was fun for me to see how many wonderful people are in her life and have all taken her hand through this. So many wonderful family and ward members, neighbors and old friends.
Her husband and kids have been so amazing and strong. I have learned so much from them. I know our Heavenly Fathers places people in our lives for a reason. We can't make it alone. It is such a wonderful plan. My heart has grown in leaps and bounds through all of this.
Mary, you are my hero, my inspiration, and of course, my LIFE-LONG FRIEND!







6 comments:
I got such wonderful goosebumps reading this post about your friend Mary. What a beautiful tribute and what a lovely family she has to do that for her! I love people who are full of inspiration. Thanks for sharing that about your inspiring friend!
P.S. I started bawling when I came to the photo of ALL THOSE women in the room who came to help her celebrate. That was awesome!
Looks like my mother-in-law was there, Dawn Thompson. Lots of people there from my ward to. That's so exciting for Mary.
Congrats to Mary! Sounds like you have a treasure of a friend...but you are one too!
You are amazing with the Digital Scrapbooking! Thank you so much for taking pictures for us, they turned out really good! Thank you for being such a wonderful friend to my mom! Love you!
Judy this is so neat! What a neat day I'm sure, filled with great memories for all of you! Congats to Mary!! I'll be calling you sometime today, I just got your message this morning. :)
That is so neat!! I would want a friend just like if you if I had to face something like that.
Post a Comment