CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Mary

Judy- Nicole- Stacy-Mary and Danielle Christmas 1987


Today I attended a meeting for Mary's son. He is leaving on June 4th to serve a mission in Georgia. It was an amazing meeting. It was like a return talk. He will be a great missionary. He is so full of the spirit and so eager to serve. He spoke on honoring our parents and our Heavenly Father. It was a beautiful talk. He talked about his father and that he will be serving in the same mission as his father did, and then he talked about his mom. Touched my heart. Mary was my best friend during my senior year. She came into my life at a time that I needed a good friend that would be a good example to me and wanted the same things in life that I wanted. We have remained friends and have tried hard to stay in contact. We try to go to lunch, just to catch up. In January I got a phone call from her on a Sunday. I knew it wasn't a happy call. She was diagnosed with cancer. She has received a blessing and was told that all would be well. Her son received one and was told that if he would serve the Lord, she would be ok. What faith! What strength they have. She is always positive and strong. She amazes me. She has work to do on this earth. She has a purpose. I am so grateful to be in her life. She will never know what she has done to help me with my life. She was sent to me from above. Destiny. Mary, you are my hero. You have taught me so much about faith and love and life. I was thinking about my 29 day challenge and about taking a salad to her home to help feed the multitudes that come on a special occasion like this. It is nothing.....nothing compared to what she has given me through out my life. I hope someday, in the eternities, we can be next door neighbors. We will always be friends. She will always hold a special place in my heart!

1 comments:

Lynn

Oh I am SURE that there are many people around you that truly benefit from your friendship. You are an amazing woman with so much to give. Love, advice, salad (Yup! That is important too....). It's all those little things that matter. What a awesome tribute to your friend and her son. Wish I could of been there to hear him speak. Sounds like he had great parents who have taught him well. To be prepared BEFORE he goes on his mission. The Prophet has asked us to "raise the bar" when it comes to raising our future missionaries. I will learn from your friend's example. I hope to raise my sons in such a way that they will BE prepared for their missions just as your Stacy and your friend's son were. I TOO have faith that in the power of the priesthood. I know all will be alright as he serves. His mom will be just fine. The Lord said so.

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge