CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Monday, May 5, 2008

What a Day!!!!

Yesterday I gave the Relief Society lesson. I gave it on President Monson. I told a little bit about him and then we talked about some of the teachings that he has taught through the years.
In 1973 he spoke to a group at BYU. He taught them the 4 L's. Listen: to your parents and the prophets, Learn: from good books, Labor: serve the Lord and your neighbors, Love: we all know what we are supposed to do on that one. I think it went well. When I was talking about learning, I told about how I have been a member all of my life. I took seminary, and 2 different Book of Mormon classes.I have studied it but I HATE to read. I have started reading the B of M so many times. I always stop. Then start. Then stop. When President Hinckley died they did a 97 day challenge to honor his life. I was determined to read it from start to finish without stopping. I did it and finished it yesterday. Was a very emotional day for me. Have always believed it to be true, but as I read the last few verses, GOOSE BUMPS! I KNOW it is. I am kind of a slacker, I guess. I could never say I had read it all, because it was never at once. I love being in the "I have read it all club"!
Wow!!!!!! Any way, I made a little video about President Monson and feel lucky to sustain and support him I am excited to learn of his teachings for us. My Mom came to hear my lesson. Meant the world to me. She has always been on the sidelines of my life, cheering me on. It was a great day, one that goes down in history for the BIG accomplishments in my life!

4 comments:

Lynn

Judy that is SO awesome. I too hope to finish it. You and I are so much alike. I never really read and I really wanted to take up the challenge to read it in 97 days. I hope to make it. You are amazing! Way to go. Sounds like your lesson was fantastic.....and it sounds like you have the best mom. Thanks for the video clip!

Judy

lynn,
thanks for your comment. You were an answer to my prayers. It is sooooo hard being my age. my kids are grown and Satan wants me to think I am worthless. My career has been raising my family and that is all I wanted to do. It is such a blessing to have someone in my life that is so much like me. Thanks for sharing that with me. It means the world!

Holly

I bet you are the best teacher ever!! Your ward is SO lucky to have you, Jerry as bishop and your sweet family there! :)

Natalie♥

I bet you are a great teacher too! You are awesome Judy. That was a nice video clip thanks for sharing. You always have good things to share with us and teach us at the same time. Love ya!

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge