.
Yesterday I was looking at blogs, and Holly found a 29 day giving challenge. I jumped on that one. Two years ago Stacy got her mission call and I had a melt down. I couldn't do it. I got on my knees and with help from the Lord and Lexapro, I felt peace and knew that it was what she needed to be doing. Well, she is home and she and Nicole are preparing to leave in August for Provo. Here I go again. The last few days I have been really down. I don't want them to leave. I want to have them flit around my house and always need me. I want to have a huge pity party and not invite one person. Just me....alone with all of this sadness and madness. I want to pout and cry. I HATE this. They are my babies. They are my little girls. I cherish the day that they came into my life. I braided their hair, took them to piano lessons, waited to hear all about their dates, welcomed their friends into my home and loved them like my own, watched them graduate from high-school, and now I have to watch them leave. Together. Poor, Poor me!
The challenge is a blessing to me. I love to serve people. I have served my family for almost 28 years. When I serve others, I seem to loose myself. Life will go on. It is just another season. Somedays I feel like it is hurricane season, but I just get "on my knees." What would I do without the gospel in my life, and the joy it brings as I watch my children grow and become what I hoped for them. This is what I wanted. But it is hard.
My gift today is this video. When Ryan was in Seminary, we made this for a devotional. Tomorrow Stacy is teaching RS on prayer, so I redid it for her to use in her lesson. It is beautiful. I hope it will give you hope and encouragement. Our Savior paid the price for us and we are so blessed to be able to get "on our knees" during the huricanes in our lives.
I know he is aware of my struggles. He loves me and is proud of the way that I cherish my kids. He knows how my heart breaks when I think of the new season in my life. It is all part of the plan. I will give. I will serve and find happiness doing so. Favorite Scripture......
Mosiah 2: 17
When ye are in the service of your fellow beings....ye are only in the service of your God.







4 comments:
Oh judy! That video you made and shared was beautiful! I sure needed that. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on giving. And for reminding us that the Lord IS VERY mindful of each one of us. I am sure that Stacy gave a wonderful lesson today in RS. You are an amazing mom! Always there for your kids and all that they do. I am sure that she truly felt your support while she was on her mission. I can't wait to be a mission "mom" too. I get so excited when I think that it may only be 2 more years before that happens. Thanks for giving your post today. I really needed that one.
Your girls are blessed to have such a amazing lady as their Mom. Hang in there! They will always come back to their roots. Think of it this way... it is time for a Cruise! Make your hubby take you somewhere warm, beautiful and relaxing!
That was perfect for one of your "GIFTS"! What a great idea. I know, it must be hard to see both your beautiful girls leaving! THey are both amazing and it has alot to do with the way you have raised all of them! You are such a great example to so many people, hang in there mom!
I think being of service is exactly what I need to forget about my troubles right now. There's nothing better than helping someone else. Thanks, Judy!
Post a Comment