We spent a very quiet, lazy weekend. We didn't go to the cabin because we thought it would be nicer here. Wrong. Rainy and cool. On Monday I was going to go visit my best friend's grave, but it was pouring rain and we left around 2:00 to go to Provo to find the girl's apartment. We accomplished all we set out to do and got home at 10:30 last night....wore out!!!!
So....today Stacy and I went and bought some cute sunflowers to put on graves and headed to Firth.
When I was in 7th grade I became friends with Janatte. We were BFF. She started a sentence and I finished it. No one could make me laugh like her. She was such a blessing in my life. We were friends for 2 1/2 years. March 18, 1977 she died suddenly. She had called me 2 hours before and we were kinda in a fight. I hung up on her, thinking tomorrow we could talk........
My life has never been the same, not because of her death, but because I was blessed to be her friend.
Judy and Janatte at girls camp


Janatte's Grave
After she died, I was lost and her big sister, Teresa took me in. She was 2 years older than Janatte. She went on a family vacation with us, and I recieved "little Sis" notes in my locker all the next year. She took care of me and she loved me to. She graduated in 1978, and that summer she went to Red Fish Lake and on her way home was in an accident. She was in a coma forseveral months and died that fall. I don't remember anything. I remember being on my way out to spud harvest and being told that she had passed away, but nothing else. I miss them. I know they are together and so happy. They are the 2 happiest people I have ever known. I have always known that I have 2 special angels with me always. What a blessing they were in my life.
On the way down to Firth, I was able to tell Stacy about my experiences I had. I looked over and she was crying. It was so good to be able to talk about it. It has been so many years. It felt like yesterday.
Teresa
Teresa's Grave

Stacy and Me.
I think that through the years this has made me cherish friendships more. I know that "you never know!"
I have grown healthy life long friendships since I lost Janatte and Teresa. I am grateful for the things I learned throught that storm in my life and it has also helped me to be grateful for my own life.
Uplifting Quotes
"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley
"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo
"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo
. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker
GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye
LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams
The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams
..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye
"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis
"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman
"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo
"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard
"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer
4 comments:
*tears*. I am SO thankful that you are back. ( I missed you.) This post just truly makes my day a whole lot better. It is Such a powerful message and I thank you for sharing it. WHew! It's really got me thinking. What an inspiration you are. One really truly never knows, do they. We must live each day as if it is our last chance to say "I'm sorry." "Can I help you in any way." "Please forgive me.", etc.
Welcome home Judy! P.S. The daisies look really cool and pretty on the grave.
I remember you telling us this story when Cole & I were in high school. You are awesome! And I have to say you look IDENTICAL to Cole in that pic from girls camp!! CRAZY! :)
My first thoughts turn to their parents. You will have to fill me in! I can't imagine having hte strength to survive that kind of loss. What a amazing story. I am so happy that you were able to visit their graves and honor them.
I remember you telling us this story when Stacy and I were in school. I remember at that time learning a lot from it, and I still feel like so touched by it. What a great time you and Stacy had together being able to experience visiting your friends. It's a nice thought knowing they've had each other. :)
Post a Comment