CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Aunt Gem

My Grandma Denning (mom's mom) was 47 when she found out that she was pregnant. It was my mom. She had a sister that was 19 years older than her. Aunt Gem has always been like a Mom to her. On New Years Eve Day Aunt Gem had a stoke. She passed away yesterday. She was 86. Mom and her other sister are planning the funeral. It will be Saturday.
Aunt Gem is an amazing person. She has given and sacrificed her whole life.

Last fall I ran into her and her daughter at the fruit stand. Aunt Gem was looking at all the fruit, and told me she never gets fruit at the care center that she lived at. She didn't have any money to buy some, so I bought her some fruit. She was thrilled. I went and saw her a couple days ago, and she was in so much pain and so uncomfortable. It is a blessing that she is relieved of that pain. I'm sure that there was a great family reunion yesterday. Her mom and dad, her sister Lamae (she was 6 months old when she died) Her brother, Ted, her husband, Varcel and so amny others.

I have so many sweet memories of Aunt Gem. Her and her daughter, Sally have always called me "Judy Kay" even to this day.
I will miss her, but I am grateful that she is free of pain and happy.









4 comments:

Lynn

You are such a beautiful person Judy! I am SO sure that you being there at that EXACT moment when your Aunt Gem was looking at fruit was NO accident. What a sweetheart you are to help her out.

So sorry to hear that she was in pain these past few days. Oh, but to think of the pain free life she is leading now!

Loved the pics. It's always nice to put a name with a face. Life sure takes it turns.....every day there is always something unexpected. Some are great surprises, but some are not. I have a feeling that her passing yesterday was a HAPPY surprise for her.
You are so right about the joyous reunion on the other side. IT sure would be nice to have a peek at those reunions sometimes, eh? : D

Holly

It's always bitter sweet to loose loved ones. We are so very blessed to have the gospel in our lives and know that she is now truly happy and is pain free again! What a blessing!!

Chelsi

What a great opportunity to be there the day she was at the fruit stand. You are such a special person. Losing loved ones isn't easy, but is a sweet reminder of the special memories and the time we still have here on earth to finish the work we have come to do. Take care.

Sandy Layne

Sorry about your Aunt Gem! Give your Mom a hug and my condolences. Judy, you have a heart of gold. It was so fun seeing you for a few minutes. Thanks for taking the chocolates for Mom and delivering them. It took such a load off her mind. She really appreciated it. I'm sorry you have the hives. They are miserable. You need some down time. I'm glad the wedding has been postponed for your sake. I loved your Christmas card - thanks. I didn't get any sent this year. Time just slipped away from me. Take care and have a Happy New Year!!!! Luv U 4 Ever, Sandy

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge