CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Wedding Planners


What a wonderful day. Today I spent the day with Sydni and her mom planning her wedding. It was awsome and went well. We went to look at flowers and found some beautiful ones, but the hi-light was watching her try on dresses. She looked so beautiful and she found the one she loved.....the first one she tried on. It is the cutest dress ever! We went to dinner and them to see Mamma Mia. Crazy, but good, but the part I liked was when she was helping her daughter get ready for her wedding and and she started singing "slipping through my fingers". I cried. My girls will leave for Utah in 2 weeks and Ryan and Sydni have set their wedding date for NOVEMBER 28, 2008 in the Idaho Falls Temple!!!!!!!!! We have got to get busy! They are all slipping through my fingers! Such a hard time in my life.....glad I have a new Blogger Friends to keep my busy. Boo Hoo! Seem like I was putting them on the bus with their little back packs, and now they are all leaving. Slipping through my fingers!

3 comments:

Lynn

Oh..MY....GOODNESS! I just about woke the kids up with my squeal when I read the date for their wedding!

November 28th is my BIRTHDAY! They couldn't have picked a better date! LOL!

What a fun day you must of had. I bet her dress looks SO gorgeous on her. She is such a cutie pie already.

I know what you mean about it just being yesterday when we sent them off to school with their little backpacks. When I watched Dean and Cassie get up to do the Father and Daughter dance at her wedding reception, it hit me like a ton of bricks and I just bawled and bawled. I LOVED to watch them dance and it reminded me of when she was so small and would dance on his feet. She hung tightly around his legs and her face only reached his knees.

Now don't you worry.....we will certainly keep YOU BUSY while the kids are away. But for now, you will be so VERY busy with wedding plans. I think it's awesome that they will be married in the same temple that you were. You are an awesome mom. You have done SO well. Your children are now moving on, but not far. You all are still so closely attached by heart strings.

Holly

HOw fun! I've been wanting to see Mama Mia too, maybe Cole will slip away with me before she leaves!

How fun to be dress shopping, we just did that with Krystal, and she ended up getting the first one she tried on too! :)

It is crazy how we all grow up SO fast!! Keep your chin up, I'm sure it will be hard, but you are one tough mama, and how exciting to begin a new phase in your life, think of all the new experiences you will have and the service you can do... I know you and you will stay busy! :) Love ya!!

Sandy Layne

Enjoy every moment of this experience and don't get too sad. It only comes once in your life. Let me let you in on a little secret - you really never lose your children. They multiply and come home for Sunday dinner. Life from here only gets bigger and better. There is a mourning period when they all leave the nest. I remember walking through my quiet house when Joe left on his mission and Jon had moved out. I could hear their laughter and see them with their friends. I could see them in the driveway playing basketball. There is nothing like having all your little ones under your wings.

I haven't thrown in the towel on being an empty nester yet because our nest is always full of family. The only thing greater than your own kids is Grandkids. You have lots of blessings to look forward to. You have been a wonderful Mom so your kids and Grandkids will always love coming to your home.

Isn't Mama Mia fun? Ray and my kids surprised me on my last birthday with a trip to New York and we saw it there. I love the music of Abba. What a great way to end your day!!! Sydni and her Mom sound like they will be lots of fun to plan a wedding with. Enjoy every minute.
Love U 4 Ever,
Sandy

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge