CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Issues With Provo

Seems like every time I go to Provo, I leave someone there! Hate it! Well, we did it. We took the girls down and I am so lost.


But I do have good news. Stacy went to apply for a job this summer at the MTC. They told her not to get her hopes up because they have so many applicants. They sent her an e-mail that they were considering her. This week she got a call and they wanted to set up an appointment for an interview. That was at 2:30 on Friday. We left the MTC and headed to Walmart and she got a call. She got the job. She will be teaching Spanish! WHAT A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE. She is so excited. She will be perfect working there! She will work 20 hours a week and the pay is good. Tender Mercies!

We dropped them off on Saturday and we were leaving Provo and I got this really strong feeling that this is where they are supposed to be. I LOVE THE HOLY GHOST! And Lexapro! It doesn't make me miss them less, but it helps to know that they are on the right track.


I fixed Sol-Rio Burritos for dinner the night before they left and Rockwoods came and brought them a going-away present. Hangers and goodies! How Nice!



Joyce, Nicole, Stacy and RockNew Hangers!Judy, Nicole, Stacy, Grandma and Grandpa
Ryan, Stacy, Cole, Grandma and Grandpa!
New job at MTC!Me and my girls!Jerry, Mae, Cole and Me!

To all you Mom's out here that dropped your babies off at college this year .... It really sucks! No, I really mean....Hang in there!

7 comments:

Lynn

I have SO much to say after this post! :
The Holy Ghost truly does rock!
Your girls are SO cute! Love the new hair cuts.
YAY! For great jobs at the MTC! Nice to be making some good money on the side while going to school too. I'm sure it will look great on a resume' as well.
And..........how is your mom's hand doing? Is it healing okay? She looks happy, so I hope that means no more pain.
Glad you are home again. Sorry you are missing your girls. But SO glad you felt the peace that they are where they should be.
Welcome home Judy.

Bobbi

I cannot believe how much Nicole looks like you. She is gorgeous!
Good Luck to your girls and especially you.

Holly

Your girls are both gorgeous!!! Hopefully they come back OFTEN!! :) Maybe we could plan a trip down there for a weekend?!

Sandy Layne

Your not alone - I know that doesn't help. We have several relatives and friends who are in your boat only with boys. I think they are glad to drop them off but are hopeful they will make changes in their lives with this new experience. We had our nephew's family for dinner last night. They are here from Arkansas to drop their son off. He will be working for us and hopefully we can influence him to go to college and a mission.

Your girls will do super. They will love all the dating and social life. Where is Stacy going to school? Did Nicole find work? It will be a great experience for Stacy working at the MTC

You have darling girls. I feel for you.
Luv U forever,
Sandy

Baileys

Wow, that is sad and amazing at the same time! I am so excited 4 Stacy to get that job. Keep us posted on how they are doing.

The Cooks

I'm sure it is bittersweet but I have to tell ya, your girls are so beautiful and even though I don't know them that well they emanate it inside and out. Good luck to them (and you ;) ).

Anonymous

My name is Bob Lane and i would like to show you my personal experience with Lexapro.

I am 51 years old. Have been on Lexapro for 6 months now. Wasn't strong enough for me. Had only mild benefit for depression. For five of the six months I was on it, it worked very well for social anxiety, but kinda pooped out toward the end. Added Wellbutrin at varying doses to address the sleepiness and libido/orgasm issues, but still suffered. Then tried Cymbalta with disasterous results. Might try Zoloft now.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
Extreme sleepiness. When possible, I slept for 12-16 hours a day for the entire six months I took Lexapro. Marked decrease in libido. Completely anorgasmic. Other side effects were mild or non-existent.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Bob Lane

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge