CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Whats around the corner

The alarm goes off, and with a pop to the top of the clock it silences if for a few minutes. It takes every muscle we can muster to get our bodies out of that warm comforter to begin the ritual that we have learned as small children, Brush our teeth, pour some cereal, go to the closet and try to find something that could possibly fit. You smile as you leave the house thinking it could be a great day.

Then it happens. Being blindsided is underestimating the seriousness of this mess. Something happens in your life that leaves you broken hearted and devastated, Your life is is utter turmoil.

Confusion, anger, hurt and terrified. You are lost, Don't know where to turn, what to do, where to go and anxiety over takes your body.

Every day we hear about tragedies. Everyday people get out of bed, not knowing what is around the corner.

I have been thinking about this so much and thinking how I can have my lamp full, so to be able to handle the things lurking around the corner.

Just recently a friend of ours woke up and happily went to teach her little school class. By the end of the day, devastation ripped her life as her fiance called off the wedding. No explanation.

Her family is in California, so she came last night and spent the night here.

I was amazed at her strength. She spent hours in the temple. Trying to get answers and feel peace. I marveled at even though her heart is shattered, she hangs tight to the gospel and the things she believes. We were able to talk for quite awhile and even though she has no answers from him, she believes in the Savior and his Atonement.

I am heartsick for her. In one moment, her future changed. All of her hope and dreams shattered.

She is a fighter and she will be ok someday. Someday she will be able to look back and understand that this is God's will and understand it. If possible, could you include her in your prayers? That would be the bestest!

So I have been thinking about me....

I have been letting my FEARS take over my life and how it is affecting my relationship with my Savior. I am not angry, but in my warped little mind, I think if I LAY LOW, maybe I will be over looked when it comes to BAD THINGS IN MY LIFE! :} Silly silly me. I know, you are thinking.....How old are you?

I know that I need to continue to build my relationship with my Savior, read my scriptures daily and pray.........Ok April resolution.....to get back on track and get my fears in check.

I am grateful for the things I have learned in the past year. I probably wouldn't change it....... I know my Heavenly Father is aware of my struggles and he loves me. I know that he protects me in ways I will only find out someday. (like maybe when I am in a hurry and get stuck at a red light, maybe, just maybe it is to keep me out of a traffic accident) (Chris and I had this discussion last night) Any way, I truly believe that.

Sometimes we get upset b/c we feel he could have done something to prevent this or that.....but in reality I think when we get to the other side we will be AMAZED at the things he does protect us from that we don't even think about.

I am grateful for the gospel in my life and the knowledge that we HAVE to go through these trials to be tested to return to HIM someday. I am grateful that I REJOYCED AND WAS SO EXCITED to come here to earth and partake in all this HARD STUFF! :}

Thanks so much for the lovin' on my pity party. I just recently found out that Ryan and Syd are moving back to IDAHO next month!!!!! Oh happy day!!!!! It's hard to have them move from the home, but it's a killer when they all move AWAY!

Ok so something else........Mission Impossible.
I am not doing so good, and if I don't get off my butt I will NEVER get to the top of Table Rock....but I went in for my yearly checkup and even though I didn't loose a ton of weight, my blood pressure went from 146 over 96 four months ago, to 114 over 80......whooooo hoooooo. And I haven't had a Diet Pepsi for 1 week.....does that explain my Monday Meltdown??????
It's a great start.........

I am so grateful for good friends. This is FHE with the Rockwoods (JP out of town) Me n Joyce with Oscar and Jaxon....



And yesterday we went to lunch For Stefanie's Birthday! Happy Birthday Stef!

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge