CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Morning News

One of my all time favorite things to do is to wake up, let out the pup to go potty and climb back in bed, with him snuggled up next to me and watch the morning news.

Today they hit my core.

“Twenty-five miners were killed Monday after a coal mine explosion deep in the rugged hills of West Virginia, marking the worst U.S. mine disaster since 1984 and raising questions about safety precautions at one of the nation's largest coal producers.”

As I listened about the rescue efforts, my heart was sickened as I learned about one family that lost 3 members. 

I leaned over to see for myself that JP was still there, in the bathroom, preparing for the day. I thought about my family members, just awaking and preparing for the day, safe and sound.

I thought about the rescue workers that are risking their lives in hope so finding survivors in a poisonous methane gas  filled tomb.

My heart is heavy as I pray for the families of these mine worker. I have thought numerous times in my life about my fear of working in a cold, dark coal mine. It isn’t something I could do….I think claustrophobic tendencies would rip through my body.

They go to work each and every day, to mine the resources we need for our daily lives and we don’t give it a second thought. They kiss their family members good bye and leave for a day of work 100’s of feet into the ground. Bless their hearts.

They are  in my prayers today.

g-cvr-100406-mine-6a_grid-6x2 100406-virginia-mine-hmed-130a_h2

 

And get this!

LONDON (AP) -- Police have arrested two women at an British airport after they reportedly tried to smuggle a corpse onto a flight.

Police said Tuesday the women were detained at Liverpool's John Lennon airport ''on suspicion of failing to give notification of death'' of a 91-year-old man.

The British media reported that the women placed the man, a relative of theirs, into a wheelchair and covered his face with sunglasses in a bid to get him aboard a flight to Berlin.

The women, aged 41 and 66, were detained Saturday and have been released on bail. They have not been charged and police say inquiries are continuing.

And…..

Phoebe Prince, 15, Commits Suicide After Onslaught of Cyber-Bullying From Fellow Students (from True Crime Report)

UPDATE: Nine students have been indicted on charges ranging from statutory rape to civil rights violations and stalking. It appears that Phoebe may finally get her justice. See update story here.

Her principal called her smart and charming. And a boy had just invited 15-year-old Irish immigrant Phoebe Prince to the winter cotillion, the height of the social season at South Hadley High School in Massachusetts. But then police received a call.

It came from one of Phoebe's sisters. When cops arrived, they found that the freshman student had hung herself. Two days before the big dance.

Phoebe-Prince.jpg

A sister found 15-year-old Phoebe Prince hanging in her home

It was an especially tragic ending for the Prince family. Anne O'Brien Prince and Jeremy Prince had moved from County Clare to Massachusetts with their five kids last year. In Phoebe's death notice, they said they moved in part so "Phoebe could experience America.''
America, it seems, did not give her a very kind welcome.

UPDATE: It seems Phoebe had the misfortune of running afoul of the popular girls at South Hadley High.

You know them from your own high school: They were the pretty girls who played sports, were in cheerleading, and used their good looks to date all the name-brand jocks.

Phoebe Prince wasn't one of them. She was a freshman, had just arrived from Ireland. No way she was cool enough. She also had the misfortune of briefly dating a senior football player. The popular girls thought she didn't know her place.

So they stalked her and called her a slut -- to her face, over the phone, on Facebook.

She was walking home the day she died when one of the vile little girls drove past. She chucked an energy drink at Phoebe and threw more insults the Irish girl's way. Phoebe promptly walked into her house and hanged herself in a closet.

Even after her death, the popular girls wouldn't let up. They were like some vicious little caricatures of evil from a Lifetime movie. “

It’s not even thinkable. Again my heart goes out to her family. I think there is nothing worse on a mother’s heart than watching a child be bullied and persecuted.I hope and pray that because of the charges made to these kids, that it will help prevent this from happening again.  I think if we teach our kids ANYTHING………it is LOVE  for others and that they have no right to treat another individual in this way!

And news at the HOME FRONT:

I received a call yesterday. My mom called to inform me that her brother had just passed away. He has been quite ill for quite some time.

And It is April 6th and all of the school in IF and ALL the surrounding areas are CLOSED!

 DSCN9881 DSCN9882 DSCN9883  DSCN9885 DSCN9886 DSCN9887

And my April 5th Picture of the Day!

I love these two BFF’S!  Cole and Holly!

DSCN9880

5 comments:

Lynn

Like you.......I like to read and hear the news. Yes.....it's horrible and terribly wrong and SAD news.......but I always learn something from it. We can ALL learn something from the horrible mistakes or injustices of others. We can teach our children to be better than THAT! Where are the mothers in the case of the last one???

Thanks for sharing.

Have a great week! Snow and all! WE have NO snow! YAY! Looks like up north is warmer than south!

Holly

Wow. I don't ever watch the news. What sad sad stories! Makes me sick. What a perfect day for me though, to have you and Cole stop by to visit! I sure LOVE you both!!! I feel for Jerry too... I had to scrape my walks by myself today, holy back braker!! That was some wet and heavy snow!! :) Glad most of it's melted though! ♥

Kim Rose

Hey you!
Can you email me? I have a ? for ya!

HUGS!
Kim
etm@ida.net

Shannon Dooley

Wow, I like Holly, don't watch the news. How heartbreaking! It makes me sick that people can be so cruel.

Neal and Angie

What sad stories. Looks like you had a great Easter...I can't believe you guys got all of that snow! That's crazy! I'm not missing the Idaho weather :) Holl and Cole look so cute! I sure miss you guys!

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge