CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Reality Check......



Today I went to the chiropractor. When I pulled in there was not one parking place. I thought that it would be an all day thing. I wasn't happy. I sat down and picked up the Better Homes and Gardens Magazine. Flipping though I found this......
Reality Check
Are you an optimist or pessimist?
1. You find a 20 dollar bill on the street and you think:
A. Wow! This is my lucky day
B. It pays to be observant


2. The new diet you are trying is working. You have lost 5 pounds this month. Your reaction:
A. I have finally found a diet that works. I hope I can drop 5 more pounds.
B. My effort is paying off. I'll have no trouble reaching my goal.

3. You are having lunch when the waitress splashes a bit of red wine on your white shirt.
You hope:
A. That no one will notice the spot when you get back to the office
B.That the waitress isn't distressed by the accidental spill.

1. Your a pessimist if you answered "A." Pessimists often feel luck plays a roll in success. Optimist are those who picked "B" because they believe their own actions- being observant- lead to positive outcomes.
2. The optimist answer is "B" Optimists believe they are in charge of their own success. Pessimists tent to rely on external factors (a diet) rather that on themselves for achieving goals.

3. Of course the answer "B" is more optimistic. Although answer "A" seems pretty hopeful, it focuses on a negative scenario. Optimists would shrug off such a mistake and not worry about it.


An optimist and a pessimist see the world in a different light than one another.




Pessimist :(
The Pessimist always views the world as bad, that everything will end up turning out wrong for them, they can never win. They believe that it doesn't matter what they do, something will always push them back to the bottom of the pile, and they will never reach the top of it. They're being destroyed most definitely, but it isn't by the world, or who is in it, it's by the person themselves.
Optimist :)
The Optimist views the positivity in the world. No matter what happens they know that this is simply a passing phase that will soon turn around. There is always something positive happening out of the negative, and believe in the good of the world. They worry, and stress less about things since they are viewing the outcome as ending up being something wonderful and great, but most of all they don't judge people because they love themselves.

The pessimist finds fault;
The optimist discovers a remedy.

The pessimist seeks sympathy;
The optimist spreads cheer.

The pessimist criticizes circumstances;
The optimist changes conditions.

The pessimist complains about the apple seeds;
The optimist plants them.

The pessimist imagines impending peril;
The optimist sees signs of prosperity.

The pessimist disparages;
The optimist encourages.

The pessimist creates loneliness;
The optimist finds friends.

The pessimist nibbles at the negative;
The optimist is nourished by the positive.

The pessimist builds barriers;
The optimist removes roadblocks.

The pessimist invents trouble;
The optimist enriches the environment.

William Arthur Ward (1921-1994)
I have made a conscious effort this past year to try and stay positive. To look at the bright side. To receive the blessings of having an optimistic attitude. It is very difficult. Each day I get up, and try to find something good and positive. With the world the way it is, it is easy to sink into depression. I am thankful for General Conference. They didn't speak doom and gloom. They taught us to pe positive, pray, and live our lives in a pleasing way. So, that is what is to be done. Live with my cup half full. It is much funner than living with it half empty
So you need to check out this now Blog...... Sending Smiles!

2 comments:

Christine Dallimore

Hee, Hee- I LOVED reading this post! It was fun to see what "side" I would place myself into! Also, Thank You, Thank You , Thank You for passing on the word about Sending Smiles. YOU my dear friend are such a sweetie. Kirsti and I have spent so much time on this baby- it helps when there is so much love and support behind you. THANKS!!! I just adore you! :o) OOO- LOVE the picture too! lol!!!

Morrows

Such a great post Judy! Love it!

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge