CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Aunt Kay

I got up this morning to my phone ringing. It was my dad to to inform me that my Aunt Kay had passed away in the night. She is my dad’s brother’s wife. She is David’s mom.  She has been ill for quite some time.

Yesterday I was coming home from having lunch with JP and was driving by her house, so I stopped in and was able to tell her I love her.

I am so grateful that I did that. I have wonderful memories of her and she was always so good to me and I always knew she loved me. I have always been so close to David. He graduated with me and he calls me several times a week to get updates about my family. He has a very special spot in my heart reserved just for him.

At Aunt Bonnie’s 80th Birthday

Bonnie's 80th 012

Uncle Jack and Aunt Kay 4th of July 2007

IMG_8458

4th of July 2009

IMG_1146 IMG_1138

So I got on my email today and I thought this was so appropriate for today.

It marvels me to watch these LIFELONG PARTNERS love and take care of their sick spouses. Uncle Jack has loved and cared for Aunt Kay for several years.  I have watched my dad and it makes me want to cry as I saw the love he had for mom. He took such good care of her. It is such a great example to me.

How to Dance in the Rain

It was a busy morning, about 8:30, when an elderly gentleman in his 80's arrived to have stitches removed from his thumb. He said he was in a hurry as he had an appointment at 9:00 am.

I took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over an hour before someone would to able to see him. I saw him looking at his watch and decided, since I was not busy with another patient, I would evaluate his wound. On exam, it was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctors, got the needed supplies to remove his sutures and redress his wound.
While taking care of his wound, I asked him if he had another doctor's appointment this morning, as he was in such a hurry.

The gentleman told me no, that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife. I inquired as to her health.
He told me that she had been there for a while and that she was a victim of Alzheimer's Disease.

As we talked, I asked if she would be upset if he was a bit late.
He replied that she no longer knew who he was, that she had not recognized him in five years now.

I was surprised, and asked him, 'And you still go every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are?'
He smiled as he patted my hand and said,

'She doesn't know me, but I still know who she is.'


I had to hold back tears as he left, I had goose bumps on my arm, and thought,
'That is the kind of love I want in my life.'
True love is neither physical, nor romantic.

True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be.

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

'Life isn't about how to survive the storm,

but how to dance in the rain.'

9 comments:

Morrows

Judy, I am sorry about your Aunt Kay! I am sure you are very grateful you stopped by and saw her before she died! You must have been very in tune with the spirit! I love that story. It is very true. You always have such wonderful posts!

Lynn

I am so sorry to hear about your Aunt Kay.

What a beautiful and touching post! I am crying.
Thank you for sharing that story. I hope Dean and I can always maintain that love and friendship even to the bittersweet end.

Sandy Layne

Sweet tribute to Aunt Kay. I too am so sorry she is gone. Love You

Julia

This was a beautiful post Judy. It made me cry. I'm sorry about your Aunt Kay but I'm so glad you were able to see her before she passed on. You were definately listening to the spirit...

Holly

Beautiful tribute Judy! It's never easy to loose a loved one!

Christal

Sorry to here about your aunt!

I love that story though made me cry..you are wonderful. thanks for all you do to inspire us all.

Ann

I loved the pictures, I remember some great visits. Kay was always such a sweet lady and she will be missed. Thanks for the post.

Amber

Oh Judy sorry about your Aunt Kay. That story about the elderly man gave me goosebumps and I got all teary!! Thanks for sharing

Judy Brammer

Oh Jude~ I am so sorry to hear the news about your Aunt Kay. Your post was very touching. Luv ya Jude

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge