CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Not your typical banana bread!

Yesterday I had a bunch of ripe bananas and Googled "Healthy Banana Bread"
I found this recipe and it is a bread machine recipe. I tried it and it is so good. It is not a typical banana bread, it is more like a whole wheat bread with a little taste of banana....(and I hate bananas, but love banana bread) It makes the best toast.

BANANA OAT BREAD
1/2 cup boiling water
1 cup oats, old-fashioned rolled
1/4 cup water
1 cup bananas, mashed
2 tablespoons oil
4 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cups bread flour
2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon yeast
1/2 tsp. dough enhancer
1 egg
Stir the oats into the boiling water and let sit for 10 minutes. Place in bread pan and add remaining ingredients. Bake on basic bread-machine setting.
Serving Size: 18

Got a phone call the other day from Ryan and he passed his EMT test. I am so proud of him. Stacy is surviving her first week as a student teacher in Utah and is moving in with Cole.
Me.........7 days with out a diet pepsi makes one week! :}

3 comments:

Lynn

Whoo hoo! Good for you and great news about your kids. Sounds like an awesome week.

P.S. Thanks for the recipe. I think I will try this one. Thank goodness I didn't give my bread machine away, like I was going to. Your recipe is the 4th one this week for that machine. YAY!

Natalie♥

Way to go Judy, that diet Pepsi is hard to break you are doing great. And Ryan that is awesome news and he is moving back, yeah for that :) And I am excited for Cole and Stacy to live together that will be fun. I don't have a bread machine or I would sure try this recipe it sounds yummy. Love ya Judy :)

Kate

Nice Job Aunt Judy:) That looks like really yummy bread i am going to try it- And way to go Ryan tell him congrats if you get a chance- I still need to come over and let you look at my pictures sorry i am such a slacker

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge