CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Where Ya Comin' From?

Sunday, April 18, 2010

......The Simple Things

Last week started for me being down and out.....and ended with my appreciation of many Tender Mercies.

My little friend, Chris, stayed here for 2 nights. I will report that she is doing ok......as ok as you can be when your whole life is turned upside down. But we had some good conversations and I learned more from her that she will ever know. She has been amazing through all of this and has taken the "RIGHT" way to handle a situation like this. {LOVE HER}

This is my pic of the day watching Biggest Loser with her!!!


Friday, my mom called and asked if I wanted to go to Roberts closeout. I told her I would pick her up and she said, proudly....."no I will meet you there!" Yes, she DROVE to Roberts all by herself. Can you believe that!!!!!! It was so fun to hang with her and we went to lunch and to Deseret Book. What a miracle she is.....it is so hard to believe where she was almost 1 year ago.
Friday night, JP and I took my cousin, David to dinner and a movie for his Birthday. I
LOVE David. He is such a blessing in my life. We grew up together, and he calls me several times a week so he can check up on all of us.
We went to see Last Song with Miley Cyrus. It was an ok show, but it was hard for me and JP cause it ended sad........it is difficult for us to watch shows like this.
Saturday we took the Youth to do Baptisms at the Temple. It was incredible to watch these youth. They are so strong. We went to the church to eat muffins and juice..... I love my pic of the day....with Mindy. She is a great YW Pres.The weather has been beautiful and so Jaxon and I have walked around the river several times this week. There is nothing like being able to get out an enjoy some fresh air.

So....the week ended so wonderful when I received a phone call from a dear friend. I have to ok it with her before I can post it....so hopefully soon I will be able to share her good news!

3 comments:

Julia

Oh Wow! I'm so excited for your Mama!! I can't believe how much better she is!! I can just feel YOUR excitement too!
I'm glad you said that the movie was sad at the end. I really hate watching movies that don't end well.
Thank you for checking up on me. I appreciate it. And I'm doing better now that things are calming down. The next time I move will probably be the last. I still want to go to Idaho. I need to wait for Kelvin to retire...

Lynn

I'm with Julia!

I was SO excited to see your mom behind the wheel. YAY! She is so cool to insist that she MEET you there. ; D

Sounds like you've had some amazing meetings with different friends for different reasons this week...kind of vague on what they were about..but that's okay....I get the feeling that you are doing service and doing what you do best......just being YOU.....which blesses the lives of so many others. You rock!

Chris

I feel so honored to make it on your blog! Thanks so much for being my mom last week. You are such a blessing in my life. I've never met someone more giving and loving and service orientated than you. You gave me such great advice in looking at the situation as the Lord protecting me. I love you so much and am so grateful for you in my life.

Uplifting Quotes

"Good times only come into our lives when we open our hearts and let them in." Judy Pasley

"Nothing can be more bleak, than taking the World's Media Road to discover who you are.
Nothing can be more serene, than discovering who you are through service, love, charity and compassion." Lynn Crapo

"Trying to please others will not make you happy. Just being happy will in the end, please others." Lynn Crapo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Debbie Walker

GO GET YOUR BOOBIES SMASHED...REMEMBER...A SMASHED BOOBY IS BETTER THAN NO BOOBY !!! (Get your mamo today!) Kazmin Nye


LOVE.....
Remember how it started,
remember the happiness it brought to you,
and endure the heartaches to never let it die. Natalie Williams


The closest I will ever get to heaven is through a child. Natalie Williams

..."Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance..." Kazmin Nye


"When you don't get what you want it's because God thought of something better to give you." Holly Davis

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Other times he lets the storm rage and calms the child" Angie Guyman

"Memory making and moments come but once.
You can't bring back time, so the time you take is certainly priceless!" Lynn Crapo

"Tradition: a clock that tells us what time it is." - Elbert Hubbard

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." — Eric Hoffer

Our Backyard

Our Backyard
Fun In The Sun

Hinckley Challenge